€125,000 A Week Offered To Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be a great signing, simply from a player perspective. Still very doubtful due to the amount of financial hurdles that we would have to overcome.
I won't be even that disappointed if we don't get him, means we're after big players imo

I won't be even that disappointed if we don't get him, means we're after big players imo
There is a difference though between being after them and standing a chance of actually getting them.

Dzeko I feel we have a genuine chance, there aren't many other big names I could say that for.

Hmm. I think NOT having the option of a big man actually helps Allardyce play better football.

Dzeko isn't exactly Kevin Davies but I'd worry it might make us resort to long ball crap.

If used correctly tho he is a great player.

I'm not sure why but i have a feeling it would turn out to be a bad signing. The lad is clearly a very good player but I just have this feeling about it going tits up.

I'm not sure why but i have a feeling it would turn out to be a bad signing. The lad is clearly a very good player but I just have this feeling about it going tits up.
I'm the same, I'm not doubting his ability. I just think we need to be careful and make sure we get players with the right attitude in the squad. I'm not judging him at all, but we've seen this too many times. Players signing and them not turning out how we expected.

I'm the same, I'm not doubting his ability. I just think we need to be careful and make sure we get players with the right attitude in the squad. I'm not judging him at all, but we've seen this too many times. Players signing and them not turning out how we expected.
I do agree about the attitude at the end of last season, for the first time in ages, it seemed like there was a real team spirit and it would be a shame to spoil that just as it seems to be building.

Yes but we are usually expecting shit players to be decent, that's always going to lead to disappointment.

Its not a question of signing Dzeko it's a question of can we sign him?can we attract him can Sam work his wonders and are we ambitious enough?
Dzeko has lost some form over the last 20 odd months but even an out of form Dzeko is f***ing light years ahead of Fletcher Altidore Graham and f***ing Tore Andre Flo. He is a high quality player with the right coaching he would very easily recapture his true form. Who knows he could even exceed his best days at City! He certainly has the ability.
As for Big Sam Getting the best out of players it's not a rumour he has done it all his career!
I said it was fanciful when this rumour first broke , this story isn't going away like a few of the other transfers we have been linked with! Something is most likely going on most probably preliminary discussions but I will stick my neck out and say we have some real interest in this player.
Ayew Yann and three defensive players along with either Dzeko or Sakho with be an excellent window for us. Very opptomistic on my part but why not shoot for the stars?

Good post @Kev75

Chris Young has tweeted quite a few times on Dzeko, stating personally that he doesn't believe the club would offer wages like that to a striker as old as he is.

He's just posted an article, swapping out his 'personal' views with 'Sunderland sources'. Clutching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back