• Martin O'Neill tips James McClean for Ireland's Euro squad • Stéphane Sessègnon for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blyth

Striker
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...ign=Feed:+theguardian/football/rss+(Football)

Although McClean is from Derry and represented Northern Ireland at Under-21 level, he has now opted to represent the republic. "I think James is more than capable of going to Euro 2012," said O'Neill.

"He could absolutely go there on merit. I think the Irish coaches have been to watch him. He's making such an impact they couldn't fail to be impressed by him.

"I wasn't aware of James until I watched him in our reserve game against Manchester United when I first took over and since then he's made more of an impact than any of us could have imagined. It's great to see the way he's come on."

O'Neill also had warm words for Sessègnon, a Benin international. "He's been brilliant with great control of the ball," he said. "He has so many different aspects to his game. Sometimes he'll overdo things but he does see the game around him, the bigger picture."

Re: • Martin O'Neill tips James McClean for Ireland's Euro squad • Stéphane Sessègnon

Sesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss on the beach :cool:

Re: • Martin O'Neill tips James McClean for Ireland's Euro squad • Stéphane Sessègnon

"I've dug my dictionary from my old French O-level and checked a couple of words and written them down and showed it to Stéphane," O'Neill said. "I wrote 'you have not paid your fine' for being late. I had to go to the dictionary to find the word fine. He knew what I was saying, though, even if he hasn't gone to the bank and paid the fine yet."

:lol: :lol:

Glad to see Mr McLean choosing the right Ireland. He would be wasted playing for the North and has a chance to play on the world stage with EIRE and it means I can support him at both club and international level.;)

Glad to see Mr McLean choosing the right Ireland. He would be wasted playing for the North and has a chance to play on the world stage with EIRE and it means I can support him at both club and international level.;)

Pity you did not pick the correct McClean

Nice quote from MON in the Daily Mail article. Love that he's our manager. :cool:

'He wouldn't have had an apprenticeship in the game and I'm sure there are moments when we have this feeling that if you get to 20 and haven't made the grade you think time's running out but he never lost any faith or hope. It reminds me of when I just wanted to get the boat over here and get to Roker Park.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lean-international-honours.html#ixzz1lMbOFgSR

Westwood could leave on a loan deal?

Spelling of names aside lads, it's a good interview with O 'Neill, love the quote about Roker.

Spelling of names aside lads, it's a good interview with O 'Neill, love the quote about Roker.

He certainly knows how to make his players feel ten foot tall.

If I was McLean (Or even McClean), I would bust a gut for him.

Pity he wasn't english!

that Mail article is class

'I don't know Giovanni Trapattoni at all and I haven't spoken to him but I've got great regard for what he's done in his career.
'He'll have the players he wants to stay pretty loyal to and those who've got him there through thick and thin and somebody fresh wanting to get in might be difficult. But could he go there on merit? Absolutely. I don't see any reason why not.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lean-international-honours.html#ixzz1lNtSo9ml

Is MO'N man managing trappatoni here?

tbf I think he's man managing us as well (roker park quote- the cheeky bugger :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back