”Last ever” things you’ve attended

Houston Astrodome for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, it was the last one the Astrodome held and possibly the last ever event in the Astrodome?

Not including the hurricane Katrina business.

Bit off topic, but around about 1984 I worked at the Tesco underneath that car park, stacking shelves, a couple of nights a week and a Saturday while I was doing my A-levels

Oh the bliss of being given the job of retrieving trolleys from the car park, and standing on the top level looking over the edge, watching the floor manager pacing up and down looking for me

Wow - I had no idea. I was always in there as a student and afterwards. Pretty gutting that.

It was f***ing horrendous the night it closed.

The closing party got cancelled by the police because of overcrowding. The place was looted and people were spilling out into the road, coppers everywhere.

Last Oasis gig. V Festival. Weston Park.
Me too. They were supposed to play Chelmsford the next day ,but cancelled

Last competitive game at roker Park as well as the last ever game.

Listened to the last evening dance shows across the full week on wear fm

I was the last ever current student who managed a union bar at Nottingham uni. They decided to hire full timers from the next year onwards.

Last edited:
I went to see UFO on their final tour in 1983 at NCH. I’ve subsequently seen the dozens of times after finding out in 2005 they reformed about 18 months later. :oops:

I’ve been present at my final tab a fair few times.

Oh and the last tube out of Aldwych.

Last game at Hull City's old ground. They got beat by Darlington (who I think had a man sent off)

I was working in Hull and got a ticket in the home end with a colleague. They were a very unhappy bunch.

A bit tenuous but I was at Heathrow when the last Concorde flight from New York landed. Sadly I wasn't on it. But BA gave everyone a comemorative pen

I attended the miners' strike. The last hurrah of consolidated unionism?

Wish I hadn't. Wish I had listened to me old marra and fucked off to Thailand for a year.

Back