“With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim to fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: “With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim t

5 points above them ffs, you forgot to mention that we've played a game more than all of the top ten except bolton. 15 games to go, 45 points to play for. Get a grip bruce, you were cringworthy yesterday, celebrating our goal like you've just won the world cup.
Incorrect.

Anyway, if those teams below us won all their games in hand, only Blackpool can overtake us, and even then they'd have to score at least eight more goals than they concede.

Re: “With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim t

Incorrect.

Anyway, if those teams below us won all their games in hand, only Blackpool can overtake us, and even then they'd have to score at least eight more goals than they concede.

45/48 points to play for, bit premature for if's and but's at the moment.

I think everyone is interpreting this wrongly anyway.

I dont think he's specifically saying the be all and end all is finishing above Newcastle. Its about maintaining our current position in order to finish above them (and hence finish above plenty of others) by coming top 6 or 7. I'm sure the mags will claim its us being obsessed, but imo its Bruce just stating theyre a club we need to finish above, amongst others.

“With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim to finish above them.”

BLATANT SUNLUN SUPPORTER ARSE LICKIN

Hes good at that Bruce...

With liverpool, everton and villa etc being so shit this season, there's a genuine chance of finishing top 6, but ffs it's only january and there's lots of football to be played.

the more bruce talks the more i cringe.
chirping on about a victory song BEFORE the game and now talking about finishing above a team who have just come up as his aim.
if he thinks finishing above them is a good season he needs a slap!

5 points above them ffs, you forgot to mention that we've played a game more than all of the top ten except bolton. 15 games to go, 45 points to play for. Get a grip bruce, you were cringworthy yesterday, celebrating our goal like you've just won the world cup.

so fuck if he celebreated like that.. so did i.. did you??
just shows he cares, and also shows he fuckin hates
his fellow geordies.

He is trying too hard to say what he thinks the fans want to here. Must admit his comments in the build up to the game, especially the song at the end shit, were pathetic. It was as if the game had already been won. Try concentrating on getting belief into the young players, steve, instead of looking through your record collection. Etiquette, Steve, Etiquette.

so fuck if he celebreated like that.. so did i.. did you??
just shows he cares, and also shows he fuckin hates
his fellow geordies.

70 days etc. etc... we'll get our revenge, blah, blah f***ing blah. Celebrating a last minute equaliser in that fashion against that lot at our place was f***ing ridiculous, imo. Running up the touch line like barry f***ing fry.

“With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim to finish above them.”

Tin hat on perhaps but that's f***ing cringeworthy.

It's akin to them saying they are north-east top dogs with four points to our one.

:oops:

A few year ago when you come up, you wouldn't have been too arsed about us finishing above you as your aim was to survive and hopefully have a good two derbies. We would've been gutted if you finished above us, as we were a more established PL club and should of been aiming higher than you, and expecting 4-6 points from the derbies.

Now, it's the opposite.

I don't give a fuck where you finish, as long as we stay up (which I think we will), and we have been gifted 4 points from you. 4 points towards survival :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back