“With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim to fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: “With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim t

Nice sound bites, but who gives a fook about these koonts....OK our record is poor against our nearest and dearest but lets set out sights at bit higher than local bragging rights eh.....sooner or later they will implode

Re: “With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim t

no excuses for not finishing top 8 this season

no.......
tbh, the mags would never accept him as their manager anyway.

With six senior players to return – although none at Blackpool next weekend – he feels there is enough in his squad to maintain a push for Europe.

Unless he manages to sign Stephane Sessegnon from Paris Saint-Germain or Sulley Muntari, who has handed in a transfer request at Inter Milan, there will be no new arrivals – certainly not Michael Owen, linked with Sunderland.

“I don’t think it’s a problem with the squad,” Bruce insisted. “I’ve got Mensah, Welbeck, Cattermole, Meyler, Campbell and Turner – five or six out. Unless I make a loan signing from abroad I can’t envisage myself making any signings.

We can not rely on our injured players coming back, get someone in for fucks sake! :evil:

We can not rely on our injured players coming back, get someone in for fucks sake! :evil:

We and he knows that.

So Bruce has fallen into the typical 'one more seat' attitude when it comes to NUFC.

So Bruce has fallen into the typical 'one more seat' attitude when it comes to NUFC.

Hardly. He is simply stating the obvious after two poor performances against our local rivals. We don't start the season with the aim of beating nufc in the local derby games. Finishing above you lot is how you are judged as the best team and imo we will do it again. I said the same after losing 5-1.

Hardly. He is simply stating the obvious after two poor performances against our local rivals. We don't start the season with the aim of beating nufc in the local derby games. Finishing above you lot is how you are judged as the best team and imo we will do it again. I said the same after losing 5-1.

Exactly, yesterday was disappointing as we would have hoped to perform to our normal standards in at least one game against our local rivals. However it was also disappointing in that we could have done with two more points to steal a march on our rivals in the league table - Bolton and Stoke.

i dont think we will hold our current position in the league.our next 8 games are the hardest run of games we've had for a long time.my guess is,we'll get 8 points from our next 8 games.these are crucial.if we do better than 8 points,we should piss the rest,and finish very well.

Anyone else cringe when they read that? Can we just concentrate on finishing as high as possible, rather than, "oh we finished 16th and they finished 17th, so it was a good season."

Anyone else cringe when they read that? Can we just concentrate on finishing as high as possible, rather than, "oh we finished 16th and they finished 17th, so it was a good season."

Aye.

Bruce is good at saying what he thinks the fans want to hear, after Notts County he brought up the transfers just had everyone talking about that and the loss was an afterthought in fans minds.

He is saying we can't play back to front, but in the Gyan interview he says it was a tactical change from the coach, so who do you believe?

We have needed creativity all season, Riveros was never going to bring that to the team, whether he lived upto his international form or not, indeed we have missed Welbeck, but he isn't even our player and won't be. These games mean a lot, but get real its where we finish and how we progress is what matters. The song thing was a big mistake, as was adding 1 or 2 quality players because we need more than that. There isn't an endless pot of money, but FFS we need creativity, a proper LB and some squad players. All those players he mentions apart from Welbeck aren't creative. We are flattered by our league position, will our luck hold for the remainder of the season we will just have to wait and see.

Aye.

Bruce is good at saying what he thinks the fans want to hear, after Notts County he brought up the transfers just had everyone talking about that and the loss was an afterthought in fans minds.

He is saying we can't play back to front, but in the Gyan interview he says it was a tactical change from the coach, so who do you believe?

We have needed creativity all season, Riveros was never going to bring that to the team, whether he lived upto his international form or not, indeed we have missed Welbeck, but he isn't even our player and won't be. These games mean a lot, but get real its where we finish and how we progress is what matters. The song thing was a big mistake, as was adding 1 or 2 quality players because we need more than that. There isn't an endless pot of money, but FFS we need creativity, a proper LB and some squad players. All those players he mentions apart from Welbeck aren't creative. We are flattered by our league position, will our luck hold for the remainder of the season we will just have to wait and see.

Aye, i noticed in his after match report that he was saying something along the lines of 'we played long ball for most the game today, that hasn't worked all season for us, its not what we're used to' but surely the f***ing tactics are down to him :confused: if he says stop punting it up the pitch to no avail then the team do it.....

5 points above them ffs, you forgot to mention that we've played a game more than all of the top ten except bolton. 15 games to go, 45 points to play for. Get a grip bruce, you were cringworthy yesterday, celebrating our goal like you've just won the world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back