“We just need to craic on”

Just cracking on needs significantly more investment in social care, NHS and much more sophisticated and generous sickness benefits for people unable to work in short to medium term.

Can you share the maths that equates the risk to be equal?

74% of the population eat processed meat, can you extrapolate that number to show the equal risk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why, because Hep keeps makng mistakes that you "like" Not my fault that you make an idiot of yourself.

ps. Should we go back to ex girlfriends when we're happy with the present one?

Processed meat carries the same risk of dying as smoking. Can you please keep on topic and stop post chasing, it ruins threads, and for those reasons I'm going to leave you to piss in the wind.
Sorry but your misinformed.

From the WHO.

Processed meat was classified as carcinogenic to humans(Group 1). Tobacco smoking and asbestos are also both classified as carcinogenic to humans(Group 1). Does it mean that consumption of processed meat is as carcinogenic as tobacco smoking and asbestos?
No, processed meat has been classified in the same category as causes of cancer such as tobacco smoking and asbestos (IARC Group 1, carcinogenic to humans), but this does NOT mean that they are all equally dangerous. The IARC classifications describe the strength of the scientific evidence about an agent being a cause of cancer, rather than assessing the level of risk.

How many cancer cases every year can be attributed to consumption of processed meat and red meat?

According to the most recent estimates by the Global Burden of Disease Project, an independent academic research organization, about 34 000 cancer deaths per year worldwide are attributable to diets high in processed meat.
Eating red meat has not yet been established as a cause of cancer. However, if the reported associations were proven to be causal, the Global Burden of Disease Project has estimated that diets high in red meat could be responsible for 50 000 cancer deaths per year worldwide.
These numbers contrast with about 1 million cancer deaths per year globally due to tobacco smoking, 600 000 per year due to alcohol consumption, and more than 200 000 per year due to air pollution.

the full FAQ's can be found here :-

Also we could debate the fact the studies which are epidemiological in nature are terrible for proving things and are best used to show possible links which are then needed further studies. I mean can you list what you have had to eat last year, a lot of these studies are based on what people remember, just look at weight loss to see how we can under or over report different foods.

Last edited:
I think to my mind, we more or less are now. We weren't "craicing on" when we couldn't do things, go to places, face limits etc but face masks, covid passports, PLF's, taken precautionary LFT's, none of that really hinders my life. when those end there will, for me, be no 'relief', it's just a little tail end to it all.
More people die from eating processed meat per year than die have died from Covid in the same timescale... should we therefore ban Bacon?

Evaluate your own risk and just crack on for me.

utterly irrelevant. Lifestyle choices and their consequences have no bearing on deaths from a pandemic. Additionally no one ever killed an OAP by choosing to munch a bacon sarnie. Twisted misinformation at best - hideous 'I'm all right Jack" at worst.

Last edited:

Back