“We’re on our knees” says ICU Nurse

Well based off their evidence the WHO were still saying there's no evidence Covid-19 could transmit between humans around the middle of January. They also didn't wanna know when that Dr warned them of the new coronavirus, who later died of it.

We had no warnings between then and the end of February, none at all.

Well based off their evidence the WHO were still saying there's no evidence Covid-19 could transmit between humans around the middle of January. They also didn't wanna know when that Dr warned them of the new coronavirus, who later died of it.
And the WHO declared it a global health emergency on 30th January, 65 days ago.

Johnson was bragging about shaking hands on 3rd March.

29th March we have over 19k cases.

Just a week on and we are approaching 5000 dead and expect that to be over 20000 by the end of the month.

What the hell were they doing for the 5 weeks between the emergency being declared and the first uk death?

If you’re struggling for an answer, pick one of these:

A. Nowt
B. Dithering
C. Working out how many deaths are politically acceptable
D. Any combination of the above.

We used to run the NHS at 85% capacity to have headroom in case there was a widespread health crisis. It was changed to 95% capacity.
If you don’t have enough contingency in your supply chain it will fail every now and then. That might be acceptable in manufacturing but it isn’t when the outcome is unnecessary deaths,
And the WHO declared it a global health emergency on 30th January, 65 days ago.

Johnson was bragging about shaking hands on 3rd March.

29th March we have over 19k cases.

Just a week on and we are approaching 5000 dead and expect that to be over 20000 by the end of the month.

What the hell were they doing for the 5 weeks between the emergency being declared and the first uk death?

If you’re struggling for an answer, pick one of these:

A. Nowt
B. Dithering
C. Working out how many deaths are politically acceptable
D. Any combination of the above.
E - all of A-C and waiting for Cummings to decide.

Last edited:
I'd like to know why we had less ICU beds per capita than any other other country in Europe including the poorer former Eastern Bloc countries.

Possibly because we didn't need them.

We could fitter, not have to perform as many procedures requiring intensive care or be able to get patients in and out of ICU beds quicker.

Do you think we would not have enough enough ICU beds to give the necessary care?

A lot of Tory voters, who had previously been delighted with the cuts to public services, are now either extremely quiet or trying to claim they didn’t support the massacre of our services.
Good point Hank.

Warning - MEGA RANT COMING.

We also need to remind these Tories as well as NuLabour supporters what their respective Parties have done to our NHS.

I recall growing up with a fledgling NHS and seeing it look after my parents suffering the after effects of WW II. The NHS has always struggled for funds but initially the kinder governments knew its worth to the nation and other countries look on with admiration.

The Tory Facist wing have always hated the NHS since it inauguration in 1948 but have never been powerful enough until now to get rid of it. The current Tories have already had discussions with Trump to sell it. The Yank ambassador let the cat out of the back.

Im an old scrote so I can remember the influx of managers and parasites in the seventies. The proliferation of committees and targets that tied up vast resources that crippled the hospitals.

Then we had the Tories in the 1980`s who really but the spending restraints on. continued by Major.

A saviour came along in 1997 - one Tony Blair. Or did he?

He gave the NHS a huge boost in cash along with Gordon Brown. Spending went from 33bn in 1997 to 96bn in 2009.

However, and its a biggy, Blair gleefullyseized on PFI, an idea originating with the Tories and John Major.

Because of PFI hospitals have to handover 1/6 th of their budget to pay Blair and Browns city pals. In some cases 13bn of normal hospital investment costs the NHS 80bn. 80 f***ing billion to shysters in the city.

AND THIS GOES ON UNTIL 2050 - 20 f***ing 50.

As an earlier contributor mentioned, the treacherous disregard of the terrifying 2016 pandemic report. That deserves special mention for the Tories.

The creeping privatisation, the selling of services to the Yanks already, the IT scandals (for those who get the Private Eye see the back issues, there are dozens of scandals there)

Then low and behold, up rides Branson. Doesn't get a contract he expected and he sues the NHS already on its knees.
The NHS is forced to settle secretly and Beardy gets his millions. He want more to cover his costs for his businesses now under pressure. The **** hasn`t paid any tax for decades - if at all.

The NHS may yet be saved as the blond buffoon currently sweating in No 10, hopefully will not dare touch the NHS after the incredible support of the UK public and the super human efforts of incredibly brave staff.

So, the Tories are shite but NuLabour are a very close second.

RANT OWER AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - KEEP SAFE - AND SUPPORT THE NHS AND THE HEROES.

What do you expect?
They have caused the stretching of the NHS with 10 years of cuts and privatisation. The only thing they have done competently is starve public services for ten years.
Oh and ignored the findings of a report on how prepared or not we are for a pandemic.

I’m getting sick of normal people defending these incompetent corporate lapdogs. They are actually defending the indefensible almost.
I agree that successive governments have mismanaged the NHS but society is at fault too.

Would people give up foreign holidays, new or nearly new cars, smart phones, new clothes, nice houses etc. and pay more tax for essential services?

A lot of people will say that they won’t mind paying more tax if it directly funds the NHS, but I personally think that there have been a few generations of selfish materialistic drones who have been placated by a false sense of affluence.

Good point Hank.

Warning - MEGA RANT COMING.

We also need to remind these Tories as well as NuLabour supporters what their respective Parties have done to our NHS.

I recall growing up with a fledgling NHS and seeing it look after my parents suffering the after effects of WW II. The NHS has always struggled for funds but initially the kinder governments knew its worth to the nation and other countries look on with admiration.

The Tory Facist wing have always hated the NHS since it inauguration in 1948 but have never been powerful enough until now to get rid of it. The current Tories have already had discussions with Trump to sell it. The Yank ambassador let the cat out of the back.

Im an old scrote so I can remember the influx of managers and parasites in the seventies. The proliferation of committees and targets that tied up vast resources that crippled the hospitals.

Then we had the Tories in the 1980`s who really but the spending restraints on. continued by Major.

A saviour came along in 1997 - one Tony Blair. Or did he?

He gave the NHS a huge boost in cash along with Gordon Brown. Spending went from 33bn in 1997 to 96bn in 2009.

However, and its a biggy, Blair gleefullyseized on PFI, an idea originating with the Tories and John Major.

Because of PFI hospitals have to handover 1/6 th of their budget to pay Blair and Browns city pals. In some cases 13bn of normal hospital investment costs the NHS 80bn. 80 f***ing billion to shysters in the city.

AND THIS GOES ON UNTIL 2050 - 20 f***ing 50.

As an earlier contributor mentioned, the treacherous disregard of the terrifying 2016 pandemic report. That deserves special mention for the Tories.

The creeping privatisation, the selling of services to the Yanks already, the IT scandals (for those who get the Private Eye see the back issues, there are dozens of scandals there)

Then low and behold, up rides Branson. Doesn't get a contract he expected and he sues the NHS already on its knees.
The NHS is forced to settle secretly and Beardy gets his millions. He want more to cover his costs for his businesses now under pressure. The **** hasn`t paid any tax for decades - if at all.

The NHS may yet be saved as the blond buffoon currently sweating in No 10, hopefully will not dare touch the NHS after the incredible support of the UK public and the super human efforts of incredibly brave staff.

So, the Tories are shite but NuLabour are a very close second.

RANT OWER AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - KEEP SAFE - AND SUPPORT THE NHS AND THE HEROES.

Stopped reading at Tory facist wing, twoddle.

Also made it a public vs private sector battle

The vitriol on here for public sector workers at the time was shocking.

quiet as fuck now though aren’t they?

Ooooof
A lot of Tory voters, who had previously been delighted with the cuts to public services, are now either extremely quiet or trying to claim they didn’t support the massacre of our services.

Ooooof

Also made it a public vs private sector battle

The vitriol on here for public sector workers at the time was shocking.

quiet as fuck now though aren’t they?
Absolutely agree. The bile spouted in the Daily Mail too was utterly appalling. All this bull about them not working in the real world. What on earth is "not the real world" about working in A&E, teaching a bunch if inner city kids, dealing with a town centre at closing time on a Friday night, being spat at behind a counter at a Benefits Office, guarding murderers and terrorists, rescuing people from burning buildings and supervising abused and vulnerable children. And conversely, what on earth is real world about hedging currency and short selling, basically being paid millions for gambling with other people`s money. NOW, we can actually see who is of value to society.

Less beds can easily be seen as bad but when you continue with it and accompany it with services being downgraded, community hospitals, day services and rehab places shut, alongside the closure of walk in centres and social services being decimated then it's scandalous.

Anyone with half a brain would think about the big picture rather than a stat in isolation.

I know mate, just pointing out it's not totally one sided.

Perhaps the way other countries are handling the situation explains why they need more ICU beds than us.

France has had to send patients to Germany who don't need theirs yet.
There are hundreds of variables, only history will tell us what happened I suppose but I'm sure we could have been better prepared

They are the party responsible. I’d hammer any other party just the same.

if you voted for them you are also partly responsible

I love a bit of partial responsibility, me. For example, Labour voters being partially responsible for a million dead Iraqis. I don't think they are, but them appears to be the rules.

It's not even half time yet, we have no idea what the final score will be and the manager just got sent to the sin bin.

Logon or register to see this image

And yet so far our health system is coping better than Italy, USA, Spain and France - all of which have more critical care beds than us.

Our fatalities have dropped again today - hopefully it's not just a blip - if it continues like this then our NHS will cope.

The whole world is struggling with this virus - although that doesn't seem to have stopped many on here holding an unofficial inquiry before we know what the end game is.

Back