“We’re on our knees” says ICU Nurse

It’s as if 10 years of austerity cuts and lack of government preparation hasn’t had an effect.
I don't think she said that in her video ;) It was more like "stay at home" :confused::lol: (the laughing is in no way laughing at her or the video but rather at my pedantic post before someone goes on a political rant!)

What do you expect?
They have caused the stretching of the NHS with 10 years of cuts and privatisation. The only thing they have done competently is starve public services for ten years.
Oh and ignored the findings of a report on how prepared or not we are for a pandemic.

I’m getting sick of normal people defending these incompetent corporate lapdogs. They are actually defending the indefensible almost.

A lot of Tory voters, who had previously been delighted with the cuts to public services, are now either extremely quiet or trying to claim they didn’t support the massacre of our services.

What do you expect?
They have caused the stretching of the NHS with 10 years of cuts and privatisation. The only thing they have done competently is starve public services for ten years.
Oh and ignored the findings of a report on how prepared or not we are for a pandemic.

I’m getting sick of normal people defending these incompetent corporate lapdogs. They are actually defending the indefensible almost.
i honestly think some of them would rather die(or at least see others die) rather than admit the tory truth

Interesting bit of homework if anyone can be arsed...it’s pretty easy. How many beds per 100k people did we have at the start and the end of the last labour government?

This isn’t defending the Tory cuts but people need to realise how long the nhs has been underfunded.

It seems critical care bed numbers have actually increased over the last 10 years which would be surprising if true.

Disclaimer: if my research is wrong, soz!

Last edited:
Interesting bit of homework if anyone can be arsed...it’s pretty easy. How many beds per 100k people did we have at the start and the end of the last labour government?

This isn’t defending the Tory cuts but people need to realise how long the nhs has been underfunded.

It seems critical care bed numbers have actually increased over the last 10 years which would be surprising if true.

Disclaimer: if my research is wrong, soz!

It's not just the direct cuts to bed numbers, by slashing social care budgets, it just puts more pressure on the nhs.

I'd like to know why we had less ICU beds per capita than any other other country in Europe including the poorer former Eastern Bloc countries.

Many people in the UK repeatedly voted over the last 10 years for that. They knew their votes were leading to further and further cuts to the NHS but they were very happy to keep pushing the country that way. This is literally what they wanted.

Many people in the UK repeatedly voted over the last 10 years for that. They knew their votes were leading to further and further cuts to the NHS but they were very happy to keep pushing the country that way.

lets not forget the fact that many of them wanted the junior doctors sacked only a few years ago

🤔

Less beds can easily be seen as bad but when you continue with it and accompany it with services being downgraded, community hospitals, day services and rehab places shut, alongside the closure of walk in centres and social services being decimated then it's scandalous.

Anyone with half a brain would think about the big picture rather than a stat in isolation.

Last edited:

Back