“We’re on our knees” says ICU Nurse

And yet so far our health system is coping better than Italy, USA, Spain and France - all of which have more critical care beds than us.

Our fatalities have dropped again today - hopefully it's not just a blip - if it continues like this then our NHS will cope.

The whole world is struggling with this virus - although that doesn't seem to have stopped many on here holding an unofficial inquiry before we know what the end game is.
Coping... Why do we have to be compared to other countries anyway, why can't we be the best ? Go back to the first post and ask if we could have been better prepared ?

Coping... Why do we have to be compared to other countries anyway, why can't we be the best ? Go back to the first post and ask if we could have been better prepared ?

I'm certain when the dust settles there will be things we could have done better - the reckoning will come.

As for the first post - it's one nurse - the general feeling is the NHS is coping well.

Why compare to other countries? Because it's what the screechers have been doing for weeks - not least telling us our health service would buckle like the Italians did.

I'm certain when the dust settles there will be things we could have done better - the reckoning will come.

As for the first post - it's one nurse - the general feeling is the NHS is coping well.

Why compare to other countries? Because it's what the screechers have been doing for weeks - not least telling us our health service would buckle like the Italians did.
There will be some fascinating studies at the end of it that's for sure. Even very locally like Liverpool, how many cases might be traced back to the Madrid visit, or Cheltenham

I think certain people are disappointed that the NHS has done so well .
There are also others who point out how well the German health service is doing but if you even suggest that maybe we should look at a similar system there would be screams of Blasphemy!

There are hundreds of variables, only history will tell us what happened I suppose but I'm sure we could have been better prepared
Hindsight is 20:20.

There's been a lot of political point scoring on the internet these past few days. Probably out of boredom, but you can't just buy a million ventilators on the back of a possibility this virus or something with similar symptom came along.

Back