“This year I’m donating to charity”

I understand people deciding not to send cards these days due to the cost and to social media.

However, this is the time of the year when the lazy arses who haven’t got round to sending a card suddenly declare that this year they are not sending cards, they are donating to charity instead.

The lucky charity is rarely named. I wonder how many actually donate - 20%?
I love the cynical world we live in

I buy lots of selection boxes and presents, each year, for underprivileged kids, who have little to look forward to at Christmas.
I also send Christmas cards to friends.

I understand people deciding not to send cards these days due to the cost and to social media.

However, this is the time of the year when the lazy arses who haven’t got round to sending a card suddenly declare that this year they are not sending cards, they are donating to charity instead.

The lucky charity is rarely named. I wonder how many actually donate - 20%?

Not donating a penny to any charity til my bairn gets something from Children In Need.
Been gannin years and not seen a penny.

Can I just say that some of he responses to @Slow joe appear to have amply (albeit accidentally) illustrated the point. Being a little annoyed at the apparent need that some people have to declare charitable giving status to all and sundry does not indicate either your own charity giving habits or that you are evil incarnate.

£20 to the Lifeboats.
Also collecting 5 pence's in little jars for the Lifeboats that are available from Demnox pharmacy at Morrisons/Doxy Park. They hold about £2.50 in 5p's. So far £15 collected & donated this year from the Butcher's Coat camp.

We’ve decided next year we won’t be sending cards and will ask family not to send us them, rather people donate than waste paper and money on cards that we just put in a pile on the microwave.

We will be donating to the local hospice, they need donations to stay open and are a vital service imo.

Back