“This year I’m donating to charity”

Of course if you get your cards from the charity shops direct then the charity concerned gets a much greater take of the profits.

I‘m definitely not criticising giving, I do it every year, or the people who do it in an organised way instead of sending cards. But you can spot people who at the last minute suddenly announce they are going to donate...

No idea how you've came to that conclusion. I do donate to charity but thanks for your concern. Any chance of clarifying whether or not you are happy with your previous post ? This is the 2nd time I've asked now and it's not a difficult question.

What difference does it make if I'm happy with it or not? Are you going to report me?

Can you not donate to charity while you're having your full on traditional Xmas Dinner with all the trimmings while feeling sorry for those who aren't enjoying the same. 😂😂😂
Ideally I'd do both at different times to be honest. Seems bonkers sat having a meal with your family whilst donating to charity at the same time.
What difference does it make if I'm happy with it or not? Are you going to report me?
No but I'd definitely judge you. If you have no regrets about posting that I'd think youre a very strange person, if you do regret it then fair enough, we all make mistakes.

Last edited:
Ideally I'd do both at different times to be honest. Seems bonkers sat having a meal with your family whilst donating to charity at the same time.

No but I'd definitely judge you. If you have no regrets about posting that I'd think youre a very strange person, if you do regret it then fair enough, we all make mistakes.

Can you explain why I should regret it?

Quite perceptive of him to pick up on the fact you hate charity.
Trying to deflect the thread instead of being a man and accepting your ludicrous post. Classic child behaviour. Youre obviously on another small man syndrome rant and will be banned again by midnight. Have a nice Christmas.

Trying to deflect the thread instead of being a man and accepting your ludicrous post. Classic child behaviour. Youre obviously on another small man syndrome rant and will be banned again by midnight. Have a nice Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you too. Don't forget to give to charity.

Although I send christmas cards like everyone else, if you really think about it, the whole concept is ridiculous. If I don't receive a card off someone I don't think "oh they obviously don't think of me at christmas", and I know my extended family wish me well at Christmas... I don't need a card to tell me so.

All it needs is a social media campaign next year to break the ingrained custom.

As my son says.. "A card is useless.. unless it contains money".

Although I send christmas cards like everyone else, if you really think about it, the whole concept is ridiculous. If I don't receive a card off someone I don't think "oh they obviously don't think of me at christmas", and I know my extended family wish me well at Christmas... I don't need a card to tell me so.

All it needs is a social media campaign next year to break the ingrained custom.

As my son says.. "A card is useless.. unless it contains money".
If someone is that bothered about staying in contact then you’d have heard from them during the rest of the year.

I understand people deciding not to send cards these days due to the cost and to social media.

However, this is the time of the year when the lazy arses who haven’t got round to sending a card suddenly declare that this year they are not sending cards, they are donating to charity instead.

The lucky charity is rarely named. I wonder how many actually donate - 20%?
We do. We’ve donated £50 to the Mary butterwick for the last 8 years.

Happy for people to donate to charity but it seems strange to deprive a friend or family member of a card.

I almost always buy charity cards and pass those on when I see the recipients any time in December.

Back