“Sunderland are a lower league club”

Article in the Athletic from Caulkin:

Finished the article with this:

"At one point in the game, Aiden McGeady, the Ireland international, shot too high and the ball hit a moving car beyond the open end of Oxford’s ground. It felt like nothing in particular and it also felt like something. There will come a moment when Sunderland stop being the biggest club in League One and simply become a League One club, no different from the rest. Perhaps it is already too late. Perhaps that was it."

How depressing
He's got a point sadly. Fans who point this dire state of affairs out are called 'bedwetters' by some fans.

"At one point in the game, Aiden McGeady, the Ireland international, shot too high and the ball hit a moving car beyond the open end of Oxford’s ground. It felt like nothing in particular and it also felt like something. There will come a moment when Sunderland stop being the biggest club in League One and simply become a League One club, no different from the rest. Perhaps it is already too late. Perhaps that was it."

How depressing
Won't be long and our subs will be having a fag on the sideline and the bus driver ended up having to go in goal.

wil;lg rigg..transfer record for this league..
charlie wyke..more than the transfer records of many clubs in this league..
willis..we pay him more than he was offered by championship teams...

mcgeady wage alone is more than all the wycombe players COMBINED get..
Cheers, just interested and too lazy to research.

The sooner people accept the fact that we are a not a premier league club that has fallen from grace, but a club that wants to get out of League One - like every other club in League One - the better.

It's been met with such approval, I'm tempted to make that my signature :lol:

Won't be long and our subs will be having a fag on the sideline and the bus driver ended up having to go in goal.

We need to sign Billy the Fish and Shakin Stevens (as long as he's recovered from that horrendous injury) from Viz and probably the large breasted Red Indian squaw.

People forget the position we were in before Donald came in, that blokes saved us. I am bored.

That's absolute rubbish mate. But that's their biggest bit of spin since the day they arrived and it's just not true at all. Short was never going to allow us to go into administration. And he was prepared to wipe all the debt we owed to his preferred bidder. He could have chosen others and done the exact same thing. I firmly believe that Ellis Short, as he always has, had Sunderland's best interests at heart, but his decision making was awful and choosing Donald to take over was another one of those awful decisions. I am not bored, I'm really sodding busy at work and I'm still getting worked up by all this crap

That's absolute rubbish mate. But that's their biggest bit of spin since the day they arrived and it's just not true at all. Short was never going to allow us to go into administration. And he was prepared to wipe all the debt we owed to his preferred bidder. He could have chosen others and done the exact same thing. I firmly believe that Ellis Short, as he always has, had Sunderland's best interests at heart, but his decision making was awful and choosing Donald to take over was another one of those awful decisions. I am not bored, I'm really sodding busy at work and I'm still getting worked up by all this crap

Agree, in hindsight, anyone with a mate with a few million in his bank as 'proof of funds' could have bought the club and done what donald has done. I honestly believe I could have ran the club better than him over the last 6 months and I've never worked in football or business . The bloke is a chance and is getting found out. Seems canny enough, and I was right behind him for the first half of last season, it was refreshing and positive, but that good will is over now

How depressing

Or after a win the new gaffer is overseeing a resurgent Sunderland.

Would not believe the hype or the doom, this league is shit and we should still be aiming to go up, not make excuses for being mired.

If the players cannot hack it sell the twats. Again we have fallen in to our usual pattern of employing our fair share of coasters, those who find it hard to play in front of big crowds etc etc, bollocks. Just making excuses to fail.

We are simply a league one club, fact. Why don't we aim to be the biggest club in the championship, and then a "Big" club in the premier league and give over f***ing about?.

Or after a win the new gaffer is overseeing a resurgent Sunderland.

Would not believe the hype or the doom, this league is shit and we should still be aiming to go up, not make excuses for being mired.

If the players cannot hack it sell the twats. Again we have fallen in to our usual pattern of employing our fair share of coasters, those who find it hard to play in front of big crowds etc etc, bollocks. Just making excuses to fail.

We are simply a league one club, fact. Why don't we aim to be the biggest club in the championship, and then a "Big" club in the premier league and give over f***ing about?.
Because you need big bucks behind you man.
Skunks have a billionaire owner and they struggle every season

Well said. That's exactly what we are.
Spot on. We are a third division team playing in the Third Division. Dress it up as you like but football wise that is what we are. We may have a first class ground with top class fans (debateable at times) etc but till we get out of League 1 that is what we are.

How depressing
Absolute bollocks. We are a shit league one team that's for sure. Poorly mismanaged for years and yet we can still draw massive crowds and arouse mass passion for the club despite this.

Fuck off Caulkin, your mag scum media mates and the Geordie nation. Fuck you all FTM :oops: :oops::lol:

It is pretty astonishing how much our history is completely overlooked by the rest of the country.

One of the most successful teams in England regarding our own cups and leagues. One of the earliest teams, huge fan base, bigger than mode in the country, huge stadium.

Yet we are looked upon as though as are nothing.

The mags bigging themselves up helps with that mindset too like, they've had more recent success but that's about it.

Back