“Sunderland are a lower league club”

It is pretty astonishing how much our history is completely overlooked by the rest of the country.

One of the most successful teams in England regarding our own cups and leagues. One of the earliest teams, huge fan base, bigger than mode in the country, huge stadium.

Yet we are looked upon as though as are nothing.

The mags bigging themselves up helps with that mindset too like, they've had more recent success but that's about it.

If we ever do anything successful again people will talk about our history, just as they do with Liverpool etc.

As we have become an absolute shambles of a lower league club it's not really relevant, except to demonstrate how far we have fallen.

It is pretty astonishing how much our history is completely overlooked by the rest of the country.

One of the most successful teams in England regarding our own cups and leagues. One of the earliest teams, huge fan base, bigger than mode in the country, huge stadium.

Yet we are looked upon as though as are nothing.

The mags bigging themselves up helps with that mindset too like, they've had more recent success but that's about it.
Do you give Preston the respect and praise their history deserves? Do they deserve a place in the top tier just because of their past?

He’ll already be writing his next article on Ashley, or Benitez or how that feeling of being ‘a step Away. Just one step. We’re there. The stairs of the Gallowgate. The steps that lead to a lifetime of nervous anticipation. The steps that lead to Milburn. To Keegan. To the entertainers. They’re there. In front of me. The smell. The feeling in the air’ has been stolen from them.

And whilst they dine on nauseating nostalgia and how nasty Mike has stolen their dreams and there are six thousands empty seats each telling a story of heartbreaking sadness, Sunderland slide to third division mediocrity with all sorts of issues to get stuck into and shine a light on. Bollocks to them.
I thought this was a (very good) pisstake of GC's nostalgic writing style but I've read some of his recent articles and my dear sweet lord.

Like SAFC, the quality of his articles have slipped down the leagues and I hope everyone concerned can find their way back.

I thought this was a (very good) pisstake of GC's nostalgic writing style but I've read some of his recent articles and my dear sweet lord.

Like SAFC, the quality of his articles have slipped down the leagues and I hope everyone concerned can find their way back.
He's a tosser man. Wadn't piss on him if he was on fire.

He's a tosser man. Wadn't piss on him if he was on fire.
It's not his greatest work. He's done great stuff in the past and I've always thought him to have more class than other NE reporters.

Imo he needs to report on other clubs. If you're better than those around you, eventually you'll sink to their level and the North East isn't exactly blessed with decent, unbiased sports reporters.

Last edited:
This is starting to hit home for me now.

We are slowly but surely turning into an average league one side. 😔

Something needs to change.

Back