RR “Sunderland are 4 days from Wembley - why are we all talking about a f**king football strip?!”

The match could gan either way. We're stuck with this fucker

This. I know they have to change it every year and try to be "different", but it would nice for once to have a strip that looks like there's some thought gone into it. How hard can red & white stripes be?

It's an awful kit and Donald more or less said he didn't like it. I think the club would have had a feeling that it would be unpopular and are hoping the 'feel good factor' around at the minute with the ply-offs around the corner they could shift a few. If we win then we could sell a few more. If they waited until after the play-off final and we lost to release it then people might not be as happy and won't buy one.

If the Roker Report want to blame anyone for our 'focus' not being on the game on Sunday then blame the club for releasing 4 days before the final. Personally I think the only thing we got right about the new kit is the timing!

The match could gan either way. We're stuck with this fucker

This. I know they have to change it every year and try to be "different", but it would nice for once to have a strip that looks like there's some thought gone into it. How hard can red & white stripes be?
Give us our stripes back then.
Class monkey boots, got mine at Reynolds Army and Navy 1969 before I could get DM's

Because the strip is the visualisation of Sunderland AFC. Some think it doesn’t matter. It does to me. A SAFC shirt should be red and white stripes front AND back with black shorts and red or black (my preference) socks.
Clubs that continuously change the very layout of the shirt show no thought to the history of the club.
....and yes, I know we started of in blue shirts.

“I can’t understand why, just four days out from the biggest game in Sunderland’s recent history, we’re all talking about a f*cking football strip” writes @Gav1879. Despite being just days from yet another trip to Wembley, the topic dominating the discussion isn’t about the upcoming League One Play-Off Final at England’s national stadium but,...

More at Roker Report...

The club thought everyone would want the new shirt for the third place play off match and forgot to look at what they are trying to flog. It's a shit shirt and comes amidst a disappointing end to the season (still hope but not the ideal which was in our hands), another more expensive Wembley trip and a bizarre ticket sales strategy.

Bit strange he's wrote an article complaining about people talking about a new kit that has been launched, while arguing with people about it and claiming it shouldn't be talked about a day after the launch.

Then posting this 3 hours ago asking people to talk about it.

Edit: Even stranger it's showing on my timeline but not on his profile suggesting he's deleted it since writing the article.

Logon or register to see this image

Absolutely stupid article that. How dare people talk about anything other than the match 4 days before it. Ridiculously childish. :lol:

He's been taking about it today as well :lol:

Strange article given Roker Report themselves are fuelling the debate on social media (as they are entitled to do). And even stranger when the very same writer wrote this a week ago :lol:

Rumoured details of Sunderland’s new home strip revealed - with a ‘whiter’ look and new sponsor

The same writer has been instigating debate on his own personal twitter account today. It's mental.

Last edited:
We are talking about the strip because it is shit and there's nothing interesting or hopeful to say about the club or the football served up under Ross.

A distraction from people’s nerves etc.

I’m sure any news from the club is discussed as and when it crops up. Hardly a problem.

Remember when times were simpler, no internet and the only way to find out the score on a sat was to listen to the radio, or see the vidiprinter and you could buy the footy echo with the little ball man either waving his little flag or having it drooped and we wore our new kit for next season at the last home game. I say get the new kit on lads and wear it for the final. !!!

Bit strange he's wrote an article complaining about people talking about a new kit that has been launched, while arguing with people about it and claiming it shouldn't be talked about a day after the launch.

Then posting this 3 hours ago asking people to talk about it.

Edit: Even stranger it's showing on my timeline but not on his profile suggesting he's deleted it since writing the article.

Logon or register to see this image

He's been taking about it today as well :lol:

The same writer has been instigating debate on his own personal twitter account today. It's mental.
He was called out for it on twitter regarding Roker Report tweeting about the kit, he said he hadn’t posted it. The fact he’s actually been posting about it himself just makes him look a knacker. RR do some canny stuff but they don’t help themselves at times like.

“Look, we’re getting a lot of shit about the kit, can you do us a piece belittling them all for it, you know, make them feel like crap supporters because they’re not buying enough tickets for Wembley”
“Nee bother”

Back