“Prospective buyers not from Ireland but closer to home, so I’m told”

I thought our debts seemed horrific until I saw an online article about club finances in the championship.

It was a year out of date but believe me when I say, if you take the Short personal debt away (which he should by the way) there was clubs listed in worse position than us with this now famous bloody SBC loan.

I'll try and find it....

Football finance: Championship club-by-club
When you see that we are not that bad a prospect as some as the doom mongers on here suggest.

£60m gets you a historic football club, a 48,000 seater stadium that can easily be extended, state of the art training facilities and a very large fan base whose potential has never been truely tested if we ever get the football side right.

Somebody has to take us on!!! :)

for those of not able to trawl every page of every thread how come a journo (alan nixon) knows so much about this take over caper, when others know fuck all. what's his links...?

for those of not able to trawl every page of every thread how come a journo (alan nixon) knows so much about this take over caper, when others know fuck all. what's his links...?
Just something I thought of. Nixons account is locked unlike the others mentioned in this thread. No one can see what he tweets unless he let's them. Maybe others know but don't want to say anything?

Hes been pretty decent with our stuff to be fair. He’s still not willing to name names though as i asked him.

I’d guess more do know but won’t report on it yet, maybe due do the non disclosure rumoured to be in place

Just something I thought of. Nixons account is locked unlike the others mentioned in this thread. No one can see what he tweets unless he let's them. Maybe others know but don't want to say anything?

yeah i noticed his account was locked, don't get his link to us though... any ideas?

Hes been pretty decent with our stuff to be fair. He’s still not willing to name names though as i asked him.

I’d guess more do know but won’t report on it yet, maybe due do the non disclosure rumoured to be in place

over a period of time or just on this take over issue...?

Last edited:
yeah i noticed his account was locked, don't get his link to us though... any ideas?
He's just a Sun journalist who seems to be first with news of a lot of lower clubs. Has a lot of sources in clubs.
Partick Thistle fan so no links that are known of.

over a period of time or just on this take over issue...?

Yes over a period of time imo. He seems to get info on a lot of clubs to be honest, he did get a lot on us when Quinn was involved though so who knows

Yes over a period of time imo. He seems to get info on a lot of clubs to be honest, he did get a lot on us when Quinn was involved though so who knows

Despite who he works for, that's what a proper journalist does. Used to be the bulging Filofax, now he probably just needs a super size memory card to store his phone contacts.

When you see that we are not that bad a prospect as some as the doom mongers on here suggest.

£60m gets you a historic football club, a 48,000 seater stadium that can easily be extended, state of the art training facilities and a very large fan base whose potential has never been truely tested if we ever get the football side right.

Somebody has to take us on!!! :)

100% this, going through some tough times for sure but feck me if Man City was a good buy for some mad arab then surely either North East club must be....When you think £60 million is what Short sold his house in London for its madness.

Back