“Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.”

I'm unsure. Are the statistics for the amount of racially/ethnically/religiously motivated crimes against Muslims or those perceived to be Muslims available?

Do you think that religiously motivated hate crimes are worse than killing thousands on tubes, planes and in buildings?

I think the issue is that the people we have to worry about are terrorists, not people who aren't terrorists but just so happen to nominally have the same religion as terrorists. If nothing else because the authorities have limited resources and need to focus their efforts in the people who are a problem rather than purposely placing the needles they're looking for into the f***ing haystack.

The people who want us to think that all Muslims are a threat and that sitting here hating and fearing them does any good are a) vested interests who benefit economically and politically from a climate of fear and b) people like the SMBNP who can't function unless they have a (preferably brown) scapegoat.

How many non Muslim terrorists attacks have there been in the UK in the last 15 years? How many non Muslims have been convicted of terrorist attacks in the UK in the last 15 years? That article is bullshit.
Those animal rights knackers. Plus the Continuity/rump IRA folk.

By Westerner would be exclude Muslim from that, because a high percentage of ISIS fighters will be Western defectors.

Sorry, let me reword that for you.

"if we turn the tables and consider terrorist attacks in the middle-east by America and Britain I imagine the % would be a lot higher. Again, as you say... it depends how you define it."

Sorry, let me reword that for you.

"if we turn the tables and consider terrorist attacks in the middle-east by America and Britain I imagine the % would be a lot higher. Again, as you say... it depends how you define it."
I'd like to know what your definition of terrorism is and how the US's and UK's actions fall within that definition.

Think most home grown terrorists are just bell ends with no life. Fact some are Muslims is neither here nor there

That your definition of terrorism includes most wars.

You also said that the Iraq war wasn't a war but an invasion. I simply pointed out that most wars (excluding civil wars) are invasions.

Precisely the point, it all depends how you define it. Just because we view our actions as legitimate and just does not mean that the people of Iraq do, they might even go as far to say we are the terrorists.

"The definition includes legitimate military actions, you silly knacker."

The definition of terrorism?

Precisely the point, it all depends how you define it. Just because we view our actions as legitimate and just does not mean that the people of Iraq do, they might even go as far to say we are the terrorists.

"The definition includes legitimate military actions, you silly knacker."

The definition of terrorism?
Yes, your definition of terrorism. Which renders your definition of terrorism pretty pointless unless you're a Quaker.

I actually think the Iraq war was a mistake. As was our involvement in Afghanistan. We almost made the same mistake in Syria, but non of these come close to flying passenger planes into buildings full of people, or blowing yourself up on a packed tube train.

Back