“Normal”

It's not that bad mate. My grandparents wet through WW1 and the 1918-1919 flu pandemic. My parent went through WW2 and swine flu epidemic of the early 1950s. I'm sure we can hang on till the spring and with the help of was warm summer will have turned the corner in just over a year. We can do that.
Yeah of course we can mate, I just started this thread for a bit of optimism that people need, the usual doom and gloomers out as usually though

This covid is similar to being a Sunderland supporter, it's the hope I can't stand. ;)
What we need are realistic objectives and not endless feeding with unrealistic bullshit.
Yeah of course we can mate, I just started this thread for a bit of optimism that people need, the usual doom and gloomers out as usually though

To be honest if we can vaccinate the vulnerable as Frij states then by the spring real hope will be in the air but I was thinking more of a return to full normality and the summer will help and give us time to complete the job.

Last edited:
This covid is similar to being a Sunderland supporter, it's the hope I can't stand. ;)
What we need are realistic objectives and not endless feeding with unrealistic bullshit.
I think is realistic to say that by April a good amount of the population will have been vaccinated, will still be some restrictions but a lot more freedom than now, it’s easy to forget all the poor people who have lost there lives :cry:

To be honest if we can vaccinate the vulnerable as Frij states then by the spring real hope will be in the air but I was thinking more of a return to full normality and the summer will help and give us time to complete the job.
I would tend to agree with last comment

I think is realistic to say that by April a good amount of the population will have been vaccinated, will still be some restrictions but a lot more freedom than now, it’s easy to forget all the poor people who have lost there lives :cry:

I would tend to agree with last comment

Just curious on this, what would you say is a gopd amount? Percentage-wise or something.

I think the vaccinations will take 9-12 months. They'll say starting in December but I think it'll not start until January ish, at least on a reasonable enough scale.

When these lockdowns are over am I f***ing going for a pint with you, laugh a minute

Yeah I think this will be the craic
Fail to plan, plan to fail.

My guess is summer with a following wind and people not behaving like complete knob heads before then.

Assuming 80% take up for herd immunity, you have to vaccinate 53 million people twice.

Fail to plan, plan to fail.

My guess is summer with a following wind and people not behaving like complete knob heads before then.

Assuming 80% take up for herd immunity, you have to vaccinate 53 million people twice.
So you think we will be allowed to meet other households by April?
Just curious on this, what would you say is a gopd amount? Percentage-wise or something.

I think the vaccinations will take 9-12 a months. They'll say starting in December but I think it'll not start until January ish, at least on a reasonable enough scale.
I would of thought 50-60%,Lot of “experts” saying spring but time will tell eh, I’m just a lot more optimistic 2021 normality will be back at some point
Also is just vaccine that will get us out of this, the proposed getting test twice a week is another thing getting said

Last edited:
The testing to get permission for “normal” life is a load of shite and hardly normal. Costly, difficult to manage and implement. Hope that’s not their idea to get around not vaccinating the lower risk

Next summer at the earliest I'd guess, realistically probably around this time next year. Living in dreamland if you reckon things will be back to normal in just a few months imo.

I listened to the chief exec of one of the companies developing a vaccine (can’t remember which of the three it was) and he reckoned it’ll be the second half of next year before any signs of ‘normality’ are visible cos of the time it takes to get the vaccine approved, made, distributed and administered.
Matt Hancock claiming he’s told the nhs to be ready to start administering a vaccine next month is just him pandering to the same people who think that we ll be ok having a five day break ‘for Christmas’ IMO.

I listened to the chief exec of one of the companies developing a vaccine (can’t remember which of the three it was) and he reckoned it’ll be the second half of next year before any signs of ‘normality’ are visible cos of the time it takes to get the vaccine approved, made, distributed and administered.
Matt Hancock claiming he’s told the nhs to be ready to start administering a vaccine next month is just him pandering to the same people who think that we ll be ok having a five day break ‘for Christmas’ IMO.

I assure you that Hancock isn’t just saying that and that the NHS is putting plans in place for delivery.

They’ll lift a lot of stuff next spring.

Masks and foreign travel probably the last things to be lifted IMO.

They’ll lift a lot of stuff next spring.

Masks and foreign travel probably the last things to be lifted IMO.
And crowds at professional sport even socially distanced as they seem determined that it can’t be done. Was the only thing that didn’t reopen to any extent in summer. Probably even foreign travel back before that

Why didn't you just bump your previous thread asking the same question?
Why you arsed party Marty?
100% guarantee there will be vaccines next, maybe I am being ambitious saying spring but some right miserable ***** on here, be gutted when out of lockdown so can’t be furloughed and be lazy shites

Last edited:

Back