“My player will never play for Sunderland again”

"He doesn't leave a penny behind" is one that baffled me.
So a player who has been shit for 2 years, managed 2 relegations while being injured a lot demands to leave the club because he is too good but feels he deserves a payment of around £6million to do so. What f***ing planet are these utter ****s living on.

I know we are not allowed to use the c word on here, but surely for Cattermole and Byrne it is justified.
Surely if a player leaves before his contract is up it isn’t owed money. It would only be owned if the player stayed and played.

I might go to work Monday and walk out demanding I get paid till the end of the year as I am “owed it”

Surely an agent who represents a player and says he’ll never play for club again is putting the player in breach of contract. Maybe I’m naive but surely this could be used when a payoff demand was made.

Surely if a player leaves before his contract is up it isn’t owed money. It would only be owned if the player stayed and played.

I might go to work Monday and walk out demanding I get paid till the end of the year as I am “owed it”
Depends on what your notice period is and if it’s your employer who wants you to leave.

Lets see what happens when pre season training starts. It all bullshit agent talk for “I want more money”

If the lads report to training fair play there are less agents at training. If they don’t turn up fine them. They will soon come back or find a club that wants them.

fk off then to whoever has that attitude.

I think the club should collate all these dodgy dealings and when the young'uns at the Academy start looking for an agent, show them and their parents what can go on if they chose one unwisely. No one should be hawked about by a third party with only their bank balance at heart.

The alternative? Wasn't it Paul Scholes who used to do stuff himself, with the help of his personal solicitor, and he made a few quid.

I think the club should collate all these dodgy dealings and when the young'uns at the Academy start looking for an agent, show them and their parents what can go on if they chose one unwisely. No one should be hawked about by a third party with only their bank balance at heart.

The alternative? Wasn't it Paul Scholes who used to do stuff himself, with the help of his personal solicitor, and he made a few quid.
Didn’t Scholes use his dad or uncle?

Yesterday. My "client" will never player for Sunderland against.
Tomorrow. .My "client" would love to play for Sunderland.

(Could easily be and probably will happen often)
Different player, same agent.

Scholes used his solicitor and the PFA rep I think. . Keane did the same as did some others.

For most it is a case of the pimp using the whore, rather than the other way round. Too many players appear to have had their intellectual development arrested the moment they are offered their first pro contract. They are so pathetically reliant on these people that the pimp/whore analogy often used is now increasingly accurate.

Isn't there a legal argument that if a player's representative says such a thing then he is violating that player's contract
the player, or his 'appointed representative, acting on his behalf is in breach of contract by refusing to provide the services the player is contracted to supply. So potentially the club could sue him and his agent for misrepresentation amongst other things. The club, in good faith and with the assurances and support of the players representative paid man utd for his services so he and his agent must make best efforts to honour the contract or refund the club the price paid to MUFC.
By saying that he will never play for us again is plainly in breach of the above.

I may be completely wrong here legally but I dont think I am.

Would love to see all clubs react to agents in the same way as Donald says he will.

It seems that most agents act in their own interest over their clients and certainly over the employers of their players.

Would take a season or two before agents were forced to behave more morally but they are currently ruining the game.

its a matter of principle to me. the agent is acting on behalf of the player.

If I employ a car mechanic to do some work on my car (which I use to get to work). I expect to pay for it. I don't expect my employer to pay for it and then deduct it from my wages

if a player pays the agent, then it is clear when he is making demands on behalf of the player
Sounds like it could be a good idea,if it gets taken out of your wages before tax.

Well,as I say,whether the money gets paid to the player then the agent. Or straight to the agent,I don't really see the difference.

I mean,as far as I know eg players wages get paid in to trusts,which release money every so often. For tax purposes. So on principal,you might say, I expect to get paid in to my account every month,thats just how it is....but does it matter if the money maybe isn't in your name straight away?

It's all going to end up where it ends up,it's just a case of the clubs,players and agents shuffling the money around to make it the most efficient way they see as possible.

Would love to see all clubs react to agents in the same way as Donald says he will.

It seems that most agents act in their own interest over their clients and certainly over the employers of their players.

Would take a season or two before agents were forced to behave more morally but they are currently ruining the game.

it just takes one club to take them on via some kind of 'test' case/legal action. In the paddy McNair situation if he or his agent made that remark concerning never ever playing for the club again then he is plainly in breach of his contract.
How can he recover his position legally from that statement? he and/or his representative have, at a stroke, destroyed any trust or respect that existed between club and employee and have certainly broken the basic agreement that lies within the contract both parties signed.

Back