“My player will never play for Sunderland again”

I really don't like how even two relegations on the trot is not enough to humble the ego of a greedy footballer. This kind of behaviour is shocking when you think about it in the broader context because there are many everyday people, whom if suffered an enormous setback or failure in the workplace, their confidence and esteem may be damaged by it for years.

Yet here we have a bunch of far overpaid twats who seem to be unable to take any grasp of responsibility for their own ineptitude and think they have a divine entitlement to be at clubs better than us. We are where we are because of their performances on the pitch, not because we were somehow "lucky" to have them grace their presence at our club. They can all piss off and I sincerely hope unless they humble themselves, their career goes down the pan.

CC: Darren Bent.

I agree. One thing which many won't agree with but has anoyeed me for a while is mildlessly applauding any ex player returning no matter thair ability/attitude (Colback and Bent aside) Kelvin Davis got clapped onto the pitch when he returned FFS. Hopefully we remember these spineless twats when we move back up in the right direction and play against some of these players. When an ex player returns (unless they have achieved great things) they shoulkd be at best teated like any other visiting player or in most cases for this current squad given as much shit from the stands as possible. Never forget!

Agents speak for their own gains. They couldn't give a fuck about anything but the money they might make
The agents don’t act unilaterally they must take instructions. How they choose to carry out those instructions well that’s down to them.

It's his agent, not him
With the greatest of respect, he ( or she ) is the players representative. If the player doesn’t think he ( or she )should be speaking this way then he should either tell him ( or her) to wind their necks in or bin them. Until the player does either of these things then personally I have no choice other than to beleive the player is in full agreement mate. Agents will continue to act this way until their clients tell them otherwise.

My understanding is some agents do a lot for their players and just about wipe their backsides. However they are the players employees and they should pay. They'll get a % of players income but then want paying by the club, I wish I had a job like that.

if he is the agents player, then surely the player should pay for the services of the agent not the club

it is a topsy turvey world which really needs to be looked at and sorted.

The player should pay the agent an agreed commission from his weekly/monthly salary.

It’s how it works in other industries.

Football has got it so badly wrong

The player should pay the agent an agreed commission from his weekly/monthly salary.

It’s how it works in other industries.

Football has got it so badly wrong
Time for serious change.
Agents are running and ruining the game to such an extent that FIFA need to act.
If a player wants an agent, that’s fine but it is their responsibility to pay the agent.
If a club wants to use an agent to help move a player on, the club pays.
Regulations need to be put in place to put percentage limits on the fees allowed.
West Bromwich received less for Johnny Evans than the agent! It’s madness.

Ruining the game these agents now.

I don’t even understand the point of them myself, they just make things more expensive for both the player and the club, They ruin deals for players through greed, Why not just cut out the middleman?

Donald did this interview days ago, how the fuck are people still posting new threads about it, never mind how are they not getting the basics of it right. Donald left no ambiguity about which player he was talking about, yet it took until you to point out who he was talking about.
I didn’t know, I’ve been away for a few days and don’t read the page religiously. I appreciate it pisses people off but if you’ve already read threads about it there’s no need to open a new one. Soz.

The agents don’t act unilaterally they must take instructions. How they choose to carry out those instructions well that’s down to them.

In any sane world that's what should happen.

However, it is clear that throughout football, these agents, who in the past presumably would have earned a living selling London Bridge to gullible American tourists, are pulling the strings of under developed men who should know better.

It's not just here. It's happening all over and many of the players are too immature to see what's being done . They are twenty odd year old men with the the maturity of fourteen year old schoolboys.

Donald did this interview days ago, how the fuck are people still posting new threads about it, never mind how are they not getting the basics of it right. Donald left no ambiguity about which player he was talking about, yet it took until you to point out who he was talking about.
This :lol: He mentioned it's McNair's agent in the same sentence!

Back