‘Teens blackmailed into sending topless photos’

• Thread starter Deleted member 45676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45676

Just been reading about this -
Haven’t pasted the news article onto here though as it’ll undoubtedly just attract a load of armchair news critics with a superiority complex saying things like ‘ooh you don’t get your news from there do you- you should try reading this newspaper instead’
Anyway - the crux of the matter is that the victims are claiming to have been ‘befriended’ online . For Christ’s sake man. You don’t get befriended by a complete stranger who could be anyone, anywhere in the world ONLINE!!! If kids could lift their heads up from their screens for a bit longer they might learn that the world doesn’t revolve around their phones - in fact the world in their phones Is probably a lot darker than reality in a lot of cases. This blackmail story being proof of that.

Haven’t pasted the news article onto here though as it’ll undoubtedly just attract a load of armchair news critics with a superiority complex saying things like ‘ooh you don’t get your news from there do you- you should try reading this newspaper instead’
Anyway - the crux of the matter is that the victims are claiming to have been ‘befriended’ online . For Christ’s sake man. You don’t get befriended by a complete stranger who could be anyone, anywhere in the world ONLINE!!! If kids could lift their heads up from their screens for a bit longer they might learn that the world doesn’t revolve around their phones - in fact the world in their phones Is probably a lot darker than reality in a lot of cases. This blackmail story being proof of that.
They're kids mate and not all kids are the same. Kids can be impressionable and particularly girls can be desperate for attention.

They don't understand or fully comprehend their actions at the time.... hell some adults don't.

Fair point though, kids seem to think their internet profile is everything. There's going to be a very very disappointed generation that gets to 18 when they realise that their insta followers count doesn't actually mean anything.

Not unless they're in the 100Ks and get paid to do promote shit

Not unless they're in the 100Ks and get paid to do promote shit
Bit like kids wanting to be footballers really - its great and all that, but when you get to about 18 and you're not one of the lucky few, you have to hope you have something to fall back on.

I think a lot of kids think this "fame" shit is real. Unlike football, Insta could be dead in the water by the time they get to 18.

Fair point though, kids seem to think their internet profile is everything. There's going to be a very very disappointed generation that gets to 18 when they realise that their insta followers count doesn't actually mean anything.
It's a major cause of anxiety and depression now.

They fulfill a quick endorphin boost in the brain by getting likes but they don't actually fulfill what people really need which is proper attention from a real person.

You've not been on the Internet before have you.
Twitter? The SMB? Instagram? I only know the alias of a few people on here, but if I met them IRL, I suspect we'd get on
I’m talking about bairns man. Settle down

Ah so it’s the kids fault for being to stupid? Thanks for clearing that up.

I cannot stand the whole social media craze. This site is the only online presence I have. I just don't have time even if I was interested. I've got far too much stuff I want and need to do to be fannying around with tapping on glass.

Back