‘Child’ asylum seekers were adults

Oh I totally get that but it would be the migration authorities that check.

IIRC it was suggested we check their teeth to get better idea of their age incase they were lying and their were people saying this is racist, inhuman etc.
Not sure about the racist, inhumane claim but dental checks aren't accurate enough and in a lot of cases are of little use. It wont tell you if someone claiming to be 16/17 is a few year older or not. If they are a lot older then dental records would help. But it would be pretty obvious in most cases without this anyway.

The process needs to be changed. They should age assess anyone at point of entry to uk where there are concerns over their age. This doesn't happen. If a person gives an age of under 18 and there is a query about this an age assessment is done by the local authourity. This can take up to 28 days and until its completed they are presumed to be a child.

Not sure about the racist, inhumane claim but dental checks aren't accurate enough and in a lot of cases are of little use. It wont tell you if someone claiming to be 16/17 is a few year older or not. If they are a lot older then dental records would help. But it would be pretty obvious in most cases without this anyway.

The process needs to be changed. They should age assess anyone at point of entry to uk where there are concerns over their age. This doesn't happen. If a person gives an age of under 18 and there is a query about this an age assessment is done by the local authourity. This can take up to 28 days and until its completed they are presumed to be a child.
They were pretty obvious in several of the cases mate. But without the dental checks there was no actual evidence except that the guy had a full beard, nasal hair and was going grey at the sides. ;)

They were pretty obvious in several of the cases mate. But without the dental checks there was no actual evidence except that the guy had a full beard, nasal hair and was going grey at the sides. ;)
I'll not disagree with you there. Some of them are a joke and clearly well over 18

Last edited:
A

Apologies, I thought he was referring to the use of the word racist inappropriately in order to shut down debate
I was referring to that aswell.

The people who use that word at a drop of a hat retard the conversation and sour the discourse to the point that the authorities don't act properly in these situatiosn for fear of being tarred with the moniker.

Back