‘Child’ asylum seekers were adults

Asylum seeker 'children' found to be adults

Twenty-four asylum seekers who claimed they were children after being sent to Liverpool were found to be adults, the city's council has said.

As they had been assessed as children in Liverpool, the council was obliged to support them - the costs of which are "approximately £657,000 per year".
We had a thread on here about it some time ago.

It definitely wasn't happening iirc. those blokes (sorry,kids) turning up with a beard to be proud of were all kids and it was just the camera angle that made them look like they were in their mid thirties

Can’t blame the authorities for not knowing!
You can blame them for lying though.
I'm all for making it easier for people to apply for asylum but anyone found sneaking in or lying to claim asylum should be out on their arse. No excuses, no appeal.... Out!

Have you seen some of them man ? they look as old as me and I'm in my 40's :lol:.
They did in the photos in the other thread. It was all down to camera angles.

;)

You can blame them for lying though.
I'm all for making it easier for people to apply for asylum but anyone found sneaking in or lying to claim asylum should be out on their arse. No excuses, no appeal.... Out!

They did in the photos in the other thread. It was all down to camera angles.

;)
My suspicions were raised when they didn't settle in one of the 14 countries they had to come through to get here :lol:

The other problem at the time was asylum seekers claiming to be from one country when they actually came from another. This must be so easy to prove

How the fck do they get away with it???

Because well meaning people are often taken for a ride.

Whilst regressive leftists call everyone who wants a decent migration system racists.
I'm more on about asylum seekers mate

I would relax the criteria for a successful application and encourage genuine cases but any fcker caught sneaking in or lying to get in wouldn't get a second chance.

You say taken for a ride but it shouldn't be that hard to prove whether someone is telling the truth about where they come from.

I'm more on about asylum seekers mate

I would relax the criteria for a successful application and encourage genuine cases but any fcker caught sneaking in or lying to get in wouldn't get a second chance.

You say taken for a ride but it shouldn't be that hard to prove whether someone is telling the truth about where they come from.
Oh I totally get that but it would be the migration authorities that check.

IIRC it was suggested we check their teeth to get better idea of their age incase they were lying and their were people saying this is racist, inhuman etc.

Oh I totally get that but it would be the migration authorities that check.

IIRC it was suggested we check their teeth to get better idea of their age incase they were lying and their were people saying this is racist, inhuman etc.
I remember that too

I'm sure a genuine applicant fleeing oppression would be happy to be checked.

Mind you, I also remember a story around the same time about the asylum seekers doors all being painted the same colour and one of those asylum seekers saying he'd never been treated so badly in his life.

He couldn't have been fleeing anything too bad then!

I remember that too

I'm sure a genuine applicant fleeing oppression would be happy to be checked.

Mind you, I also remember a story around the same time about the asylum seekers doors all being painted the same colour and one of those asylum seekers saying he'd never been treated so badly in his life.

He couldn't have been fleeing anything too bad then!
What I found bizarre at the time was how people who were in favour of letting them all in to the country thought it was crazy to assume any of them might have bad intentions.

Somehow they knew that every single one of them wanted to assimilate, co-operate, be a hard worker and benefit to this country.

We don't assume this of people from the most progressive liberal countries... why do we presume it of people from the most backward and corrupt dictatorships?

What I found bizarre at the time was how people who were in favour of letting them all in to the country thought it was crazy to assume any of them might have bad intentions.

Somehow they knew that every single one of them wanted to assimilate, co-operate, be a hard worker and benefit to this country.

We don't assume this of people from the most progressive liberal countries... why do we presume it of people from the most backward and corrupt dictatorships?

Did you hear about the guy who fled here from some African country. He said he needed asylum as he was scared he'd be tortured if he was sent home. He was told the home office had been assured his country didn't use torture. His reply, "they do, I used to be head torturer for the govt".
Ffs, they let him in!!!

Did you hear about the guy who fled here from some African country. He said he needed asylum as he was scared he'd be tortured if he was sent home. He was told the home office had been assured his country didn't use torture. His reply, "they do, I used to be head torturer for the govt".
Ffs, they let him in!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Back