£98m aid to India

Another stupid thing we do for shits and giggles

No, it's called Diplomacy. If we want a good post Brexit deal with India, it is important to remain on favourable terms and utilize soft power influence such as this as a means of attaining leverage.

No, it's called Diplomacy. If we want a good post Brexit deal with India, it is important to remain on favourable terms and utilize soft power influence such as this as a means of attaining leverage.
Fuck them, we don’t need their business. Going round begging people to do business with us man, grow a pair of bollocks.

Bribery is what it is.

Bulshit if they can afford to spend that on space research while most of the country lives in poverty, we are being screwed over. People dying because the NHS hasnt got the funding, bairns waiting for life saving operations while we hand over 98mill to another country that spunks almost all of it on bollox like that, boils my piss.

In 30 years up to 1820 Britain took £720m out of India. And that was in old money, God knows what the equivalent would be in today's cash,

"The annual drain of £3,000,000 from British India has mounted in thirty years at 12 per cent (the usual Indian rate), compound interest, to the enormous sum of £723,900,000 sterling." (Montgomery Martin, in 1830.)

A Few Facts about British Rule in India - Wikisource, the free online library

0.7 per cent of our national income gets sent abroad in foreign aid!

Could fix the NHS with that.

A fair point but we also spend 2.2% on defence despite already having the potential to destroy the planet. If the yanks would ever give us the launch codes. One year of not spending on bombs would do a lot of good.

The international aid budget seems to have more to do with a slush fund to buy influence and political favours. Mrs Patel found that out once she was insitu.

Cameron of course had a "common purpose" to milk the public purse and write it into statute that we must keep this slush fund at a certain level. Very good of him to throw our money around like this.

Meanwhile this so called international aid appears to be working a treat, given the millions of poverty stricken Africans wandering over into the EU because their countries are close to collapse. Still their leaders have Mercs and a constant flow of Dom Perignon so its fine.

Akon famously provided free electric for millions of Africans in just 4 years using solar energy something which all the charities/NGO/govt had failed to do in decades.

Last edited:
You see, here’s the issue with peoples understanding of foreign aid. UK press and some politicians would have you believe that we just send money out and that they’re all having at laugh at our expense whilst sending rockets into space.

Foreign aid in some cases is effectively a bribe that governments can employ, a way of buying favour so that we receive favourable turns elsewhere. In other cases it’s a supra-national agreement we’ve made to provide aid to a country but again, we will typically receive something in turn.
Well put. It isn't that difficult a concept but most people struggle with it. :lol:

Bribery is evil and immoral
I can't argue with that, however it greases the wheels of business the World over. It also is supposed to be earmarked for certain things I think and therefore provides money that otherwise would never get spent on the people in need.

Bulshit if they can afford to spend that on space research while most of the country lives in poverty, we are being screwed over. People dying because the NHS hasnt got the funding, bairns waiting for life saving operations while we hand over 98mill to another country that spunks almost all of it on bollox like that, boils my piss.
We probably make more off them allowing our sports stores and electronic companies exploit their labour laws

:lol:

If these fuckers ran the world within 20 years half of us would have died of disease or starvation and the rest would be living in caves, drawing in the wall with shit, and worshipping the sun as a God
But there would be no food banks :cool:

Last edited:
I seen an article this morning saying that last year we sent £650 million to other EU countries for health care that the British people has had while in their country, we only receive £46 million. Something needs to be done about these things, people saying £100 million is nothing need to give their head a wobble, if we cut a £100 million from here and there it adds up to a lot. I'm not against foreign aid but I think it can be controlled a lot better.

You see, here’s the issue with peoples understanding of foreign aid. UK press and some politicians would have you believe that we just send money out and that they’re all having at laugh at our expense whilst sending rockets into space.

Foreign aid in some cases is effectively a bribe that governments can employ, a way of buying favour so that we receive favourable turns elsewhere. In other cases it’s a supra-national agreement we’ve made to provide aid to a country but again, we will typically receive something in turn.
Kind of a payment for access to trade in other markets then?

What an interesting concept.

Back