£9.50 sun holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using them this year? All i can afford and used them the last 2 years and was happy with what we got.

I know by the time you add all the bits on, then it costs more, but a better price than normal.

Anyone got any recomendations for places? Was thinking of doing 2, with one up either the Lakedistrict or Northumerland way.

Done Yarmouth, Cornwall and Devon so wouldn't mind trying somewhere else.

Anyone using them this year? All i can afford and used them the last 2 years and was happy with what we got.

I know by the time you add all the bits on, then it costs more, but a better price than normal.

Anyone got any recomendations for places? Was thinking of doing 2, with one up either the Lakedistrict or Northumerland way.

Went to Berwick with the bairns last year, was class for the kids, canny little break for the price so aye, i'll be doing it again this year

Does it start this week? Was looking at the camping one last year for a £1 a night, but the dates were only available from September when kids went back to school, so thought it was a bit naughty.

Lakeland is ok, nice pub in village up the road and obviously plenty of local attractions given it's location. Tends to be wet though also because of location.

Would much recommend Berwick over Haggerston if you are going to Northumberland. Haggerston has a lot more Rab C Nesbitt's on Special Brew in my experience.

Going to try Scarborough area again this Easter ourselves.

Always go on these, at least twice a year - I've been around most of the sites in the North Of England and Scotland and I have to say that Primrose Valley is the best by far and provides a great holiday.

Always go on these, at least twice a year - I've been around most of the sites in the North Of England and Scotland and I have to say that Primrose Valley is the best by far and provides a great holiday.

I'd rather eat my own eyeballs than purposely be guaranteed to share my holidays with Sun readers.

Does it start this week? Was looking at the camping one last year for a £1 a night, but the dates were only available from September when kids went back to school, so thought it was a bit naughty.

Vouchers start in the Sun today.I did the £15 one last year so we could go in the summer months

Lakeland is ok, nice pub in village up the road and obviously plenty of local attractions given it's location. Tends to be wet though also because of location.

Would much recommend Berwick over Haggerston if you are going to Northumberland. Haggerston has a lot more Rab C Nesbitt's on Special Brew in my experience.

Going to try Scarborough area again this Easter ourselves.

Tried for Lakeland last year but left it too late and missed out.Is the pub in walking distance?

Will have a look up at that place later then.I remember looking at Haggerston last year but have heard a few comments before on here knocking it, so may try somewhere else up there.Just want a base thats pleasent enough so you can visit a few places and a decent pub is a must ;)

I'd rather eat my own eyeballs than purposely be guaranteed to share my holidays with Sun readers.

Well i feel better already, knowing that there is one less Mag sharing my drinking space on holiday ;)

Tried for Lakeland last year but left it too late and missed out.Is the pub in walking distance?

Will have a look up at that place later then.I remember looking at Haggerston last year but have heard a few comments before on here knocking it, so may try somewhere else up there.Just want a base thats pleasent enough so you can visit a few places and a decent pub is a must ;)

Well i feel better already, knowing that there is one less Mag sharing my drinking space on holiday ;)
yep pub at lakeland is about 10 min walk - think its got the word engine in its name from memory - decent grub and real ale

Our lass goes on them regularly with her 2 lads, I've got to get the Sun for her today as the coupons start today.
She enjoys them, I can't comment as I've never gone.
She'll be down later so I'll ask her what the places she's been are like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our lass goes on them regularly with her 2 lads, I've got to get the Sun for her today as the coupons start today.

You can get the coupon codes off Moneysavingsexpert website normally, so buying the sun isn't a must.

yep pub at lakeland is about 10 min walk - think its got the word engine in its name from memory - decent grub and real ale

Cheers, I remember thinking that Lakeland looked like it had the most for kids to do.I would think they would need that as sightseeing hills and lakes might not be there cup of tea

She'll be down later so I'll ask her what the places she's been are like.

Cheers

My previous comment about not having to read it refers, but to be honest marra they're good little breaks when you have a few young kids in tow and as parents you get a bit of a break with all the kids entertainment they have on.

I have to say that the Haven sites always have folks walking around trying to sell you stuff for the kids.

You can get the coupon codes off Moneysavingsexpert website normally, so buying the sun isn't a must.

Cheers marra I'll let her know that, might save me from getting f***ing aggravation if I forget to buy the Sun, or leave it in a bar. :lol:

Cheers marra I'll let her know that, might save me from getting f***ing aggravation if I forget to buy the Sun, or leave it in a bar. :lol:

I buy it because if they're good enough to set up the £9.50 deals then I think its right to patronise their paper but sometimes when you forget to buy the paper its good to go online and get the codes you've missed

she reckons cayton bay is canny, rainton sands good and primrose valley all ok.

Cheers, I remember thinking that Lakeland looked like it had the most for kids to do.I would think they would need that as sightseeing hills and lakes might not be there cup of tea

Cheers

Know what you mean my two lads are not into hiils and lakes either. Not sure if it applies to you but my two require a footy pitch as a must. The one at Lakeland is a grass pitch (the website incorrectly shows an all weather pitch)with full size goals and was rained off when we were there.

have two of these every year.

also the daily mail is doing a £15 pp deal at the moment and saving them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back