£850bn: official cost of the bank bailout

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Colonel

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...fficial-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

Searched for a more up to date figure but couldnt find one. No matter.

someone tell me how the repayment works, because on the face of it the country's debt of £1t could be brought down significantly overnight if we recouped money based on these figures.

I'm sure it isnt as simple as that but such loans are presumably in the governments accounts somewhere as an asset ie they will have to be repaid.

totally misleading figure. if you count the amount of money you loan someone as a cost that never returns then yes, perhaps.

850 bililon. And have the banks developed any decent medicines in that time? Have they fuck. Obviously homeopathy is the way forward.

Cockney Mackem said:
850 bililon. And have the banks developed any decent medicines in that time? Have they fuck. Obviously homeopathy is the way forward.

Or taught twats to type?

Last edited:
The Colonel said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

Searched for a more up to date figure but couldnt find one. No matter.

someone tell me how the repayment works, because on the face of it the country's debt of £1t could be brought down significantly overnight if we recouped money based on these figures.

I'm sure it isnt as simple as that but such loans are presumably in the governments accounts somewhere as an asset ie they will have to be repaid.

A lot of shares in that figure - so if the banks were to start doing well again the taxpayer would see a return. Unfortunately the market is on a downturn...

A lot of shares in that figure - so if the banks were to start doing well again the taxpayer would see a return. Unfortunately the market is on a downturn...

also depends on the shareholdings. if they are convertibles we get a coupon or shares we get a div. as usual sensationalist reporting from the mugs in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back