£750,000 development for seafront

Can't I'm shit with stuff like that. Google 'Paul Watson len lowther'
Minutes from Gateshead meeting. There's two documents. It's the first one.

It was carried out across 5 areas I think. I know this is gonna sound mental. Look at the files len got from Gateshead council about meeting between p Watson and the police. It's on there. Deffo mention raising council tax for Northumbria police. I just google. Paul Watson len lowther and it pops up. Third search. Tbf you will make more sense of it mate than me.

Right, the police used to be run by a 'police authority' this comprised of a proportional representative cross party committee made up of councillors from the 6 authorities (the fire brigade still operates this way). You had what was the lead authority who would oversee all the legal and financial arrangements. Gateshead council were the lead authority for the police (sunderland are lead for fire, south tyneside does pensions, newcastle does transport etc). They are still a seperate organisations when it comes to funding etc, despite sharing some back office functions and elected members.

Nowadays this has been replaced by a directly elected police crime commissioner.

The police (and fire) decide how much they want to increase their bit of council tax regardless of what councils increase theirs by. If you look at previous bills you'll see the 3 elements increasing at different rates. Your 10p figure will either be an average or the headline band D value

Right, the police used to be run by a 'police authority' this comprised of a proportional representative cross party committee made up of councillors from the 6 authorities (the fire brigade still operates this way). You had what was the lead authority who would oversee all the legal and financial arrangements. Gateshead council were the lead authority for the police (sunderland are lead for fire, south tyneside does pensions, newcastle does transport etc). They are still a seperate organisations when it comes to funding etc, despite sharing some back office functions and elected members.

Nowadays this has been replaced by a directly elected police crime commissioner.

The police (and fire) decide how much they want to increase their bit of council tax regardless of what councils increase theirs by. If you look at previous bills you'll see the 3 elements increasing at different rates. Your 10p figure will either be an average or the headline band D value
Ok now we are getting there. So they just say to the council we want 10p extra a household and the council do it?

Sorry Len
Apology accepted.

Ok now we are getting there. So they just say to the council we want 10p extra a household and the council do it?

Apology accepted.

They inform the council what their new tax rate is. The council print and send out the bills as its easier than paying 3 or 4 seperate local tax bills

Sunderland seafront is a fantastic and underutilized asset which we can be proud of. It's a beautiful coastline and it's far better than most in terms of view, quality and hygiene.

I honestly don't think one man's bitter row over a bloody burger joint is enough of a casus belli for people to tear down all the fantastic investment and work our local authorities have put into this area in the past few years. I am excited for what the future holds and I am confident it can be the leading beach area of the region soon enough.

Back