£700 for Mascot Experience!

I don't agree with charging to be a mascot at all, never mind £700! It's a scandal imo. Clubs don't need the money man, absolutely insane. And why on earth should London clubs charge more? Absolute nonsense man.
Probably a stab vest surcharge.

I was a mascot once in 1994. Played against Crystal Palace, Gareth Southgate was the Palace captain and I stuck one past Chamberlain in the Fulwell End. I've got it on DVD somewhere.

I didn't pay for it but I was a member of the Roker Rookies and remember Craig Russell pulling my name out of the hat to be one.

It was the best day of my life at that point I think.

Palace had a good team out. Chris Coleman, Nigel Martyn, Southgate, Chris Armstrong, John Salako, Paul Stewart. I'm sure they won the league that year but we beat them that day.

My son was mascot away to Fulham in 2003, no charge.

He brought his own kit along, and we had to pay for our tickets in the away end.

The club were very welcoming and he was allowed into the dressing rooms to get autographs etc.

Was pissing down with rain that day, and Jason McAteer gave his top to my son, which he's still got. Nice touch that.

My nephew did it last season. I think it was around £120.

Included a kid's shirt, he got to go in the dressing room before the game and had it signed by all the players, the obvious bit running out with the players and his dad got a couple of tickets for the game as well. He had his picture in the programme and I think he got some food like a hot dog or something at some point too. Seems expensive but the shirt and match tickets would've cost £80+, so I suppose it's not as bad as first seems.
I think that sounds like a very reasonable kids being kids they would have to have all the gear anyway if it wasn't supplied in the package. You also have to remember that staff also have to be employed to supervise the kids to ensure that they are having a good time and are safe. I have only ever been an observer but it looks like the Club puts a good effort in to it and doesn't want anyone to go home disappointed

I think that sounds like a very reasonable kids being kids they would have to have all the gear anyway if it wasn't supplied in the package. You also have to remember that staff also have to be employed to supervise the kids to ensure that they are having a good time and are safe. I have only ever been an observer but it looks like the Club puts a good effort in to it and doesn't want anyone to go home disappointed
From other's posts I might have been a little bit off on the price, might well have been £150. Still don't think that's too bad for what you get.

It would be nice if they could offer free places to a few kids a match though, maybe go round the schools in more disadvantaged areas or local kids teams. My brother had spent a bit of time working down south so I think he was feeling particularly flush that month, would be a shame for kids to miss out if paying is the only way to get a chance.

Seems like everyone who paid for it was satisfied with their purchase for their little one, and created some lovely memories in the process. Only the tight fucks are having a cry about it because they expect everything for nothing.

Seems like everyone who paid for it was satisfied with their purchase for their little one, and created some lovely memories in the process. Only the tight fucks are having a cry about it because they expect everything for nothing.

I don't think it should be free but charging 700 quid at West ham for a category A game and 499 quid to walk out with the captain at Norwich is out of order.

On the comments I've read from our fans experience at the stadium of light, 150 quid seems decent value for money for what's included.

I don't think it should be free but charging 700 quid at West ham for a category A game and 499 quid to walk out with the captain at Norwich is out of order.

On the comments I've read from our fans experience at the stadium of light, 150 quid seems decent value for money for what's included.
Yeah, it's fantastic value. There's a range of different ones at Norwich, 279 is the lowest for a league game mascot. Bottom line is they wouldn't charge that unless someone is willing to pay for it, so why shouldn't they?

Yeah, it's fantastic value. There's a range of different ones at Norwich, 279 is the lowest for a league game mascot. Bottom line is they wouldn't charge that unless someone is willing to pay for it, so why shouldn't they?

Being a mascot for a day, shouldn't cost more than a season ticket.

Back