£700 for Mascot Experience!

Just got Finley to be mascot for Southend away, that was £120, but you do get 4 tickets with it so not too bad (in my opinion), and some other things as well. I was surprised when they said it would cost though, because other teams have been free for away mascots.
I go along with the general sentiment that given the money in the game, particularly at the higher levels, there’s not really a strong reason to even charge anything. Even most smaller clubs can afford to absorb the cost of a couple of free tickets to make a young kid’s day and gain a supporter for life, but, as far as these things go realistically, paying a little bit over what you’d pay anyway for four match tickets plus a few complimentary extras definitely isn’t the worst thing I’ve ever heard.

I go along with the general sentiment that given the money in the game, particularly at the higher levels, there’s not really a strong reason to even charge anything. Even most smaller clubs can afford to absorb the cost of a couple of free tickets to make a young kid’s day and gain a supporter for life, but, as far as these things go realistically, paying a little bit over what you’d pay anyway for four match tickets plus a few complimentary extras definitely isn’t the worst thing I’ve ever heard.

@Doberman - or anyone else confirm, if the child can opt for a home shirt with the logo on, or if they need to pick on without? Reason I ask, is the (not so) little one who is 10 yrs old (no!), does not fit any child size shirts, and is actually wearing a standard medium away one atm??

pologies if already mentioned, but fair play to City, who do it for free. (fair play and City don't often come in the same sentence at the moment). Bournemouth price doesn't include a match day ticket !!

If there is a fee to be a SAFC mascot, I think we should all chip in to get someone on this board to be a mascot. It would be funny to see a 6 foot 50 year old walking out holding hands with George Honeyman.
I’m 6ft 4 and was turned down for my 40th, Arsenal away, my wife (no) sent an email and was told it was for kids. Even although I’m a big kid it was a NO!

@Doberman - or anyone else confirm, if the child can opt for a home shirt with the logo on, or if they need to pick on without? Reason I ask, is the (not so) little one who is 10 yrs old (no!), does not fit any child size shirts, and is actually wearing a standard medium away one atm??

I'm out of the office now until tomorrow morning but i can certainly check it out for you. It's not a mascot question that i've come across before.

I'm inclined to say that provided there is no printing (name and number) then you're good to go but i'll check for certain tomorrow.

I'm out of the office now until tomorrow morning but i can certainly check it out for you. It's not a mascot question that i've come across before.

I'm inclined to say that provided there is no printing (name and number) then you're good to go but i'll check for certain tomorrow.

Yea, Chris as already said no Name and/or Number can be printed, but please, if you could ask that would be great

Back