£52 tickets...

the north stand has always looked awful.

I think you're looking back with rose tinted specs. The South West Corner was good. The South Stand is equally as good if not better.

Give me this below over 25 Oxford fans sat in silence. This is the Roker End at about 1/2 capacity!

I'm not looking at anything though Rose tinted glasses. I never sat in the SWC and I now sit in the South Stand and the atmosphere imo was better when the away fans were downstairs. As I've said once or twice already I think the flags are really good and add to the pre match atmosphere. After that though it's still very flat

I'm not looking at anything though Rose tinted glasses. I never sat in the SWC and I now sit in the South Stand and the atmosphere imo was better when the away fans were downstairs. As I've said once or twice already I think the flags are really good and add to the pre match atmosphere. After that though it's still very flat

was it never flat in the SWC days? Some games are rocking. Some games are flat. The games that are rocking nowadays are much better than during the SWC days. We spent more time shouting at Stewards than supporting the team during the SWC days.

My first season card was in the SWC so I've experienced both.

Must be shite if you're only able to sing when stood next to away fans :(

Looking forward to all the threads on here again slating our lot for singing about mini buses and stereos being nicked.
It seems that's the case. Not much noise from the south stand (fair play to those who try and get it going though)
was it never flat in the SWC days? Some games are rocking. Some games are flat. The games that are rocking nowadays are much better than during the SWC days. We spent more time shouting at Stewards than supporting the team during the SWC days.

My first season card was in the SWC so I've experienced both.
Yes of course it was flat at times, in not saying it was always brilliant. The general atmosphere IMO was better. I've said that for a good while now and wasn't particularly keen on moving the away fans in the 1st place

Last edited:
It seems that's the case. Not much noise from the south stand (fair play to those who try and get it going though)

Yes of course it was flat at times, in not saying it was always brilliant. The general atmosphere IMO was better. I've said that for a good while now and wasn't particularly keen on moving the away fans in the 1st place

it wasn't. I experienced both.

Recall when we got charged £30 at West Ham

Won 3-0 mind

This was after West Ham got relegated too they upped their prices

Premier League did fuck all about it

It was £46, a £10 increase from the normal £36 purely because it was the last game of the season. We won 3-1.

I refused to go on principle, not knocking anyone that did go, but just highlighting that we had a choice.

£52 for the Old Firm game is ridiculous mind.

No I don't agree when it's fans who lose out. I'm assuming you'd be happy for every league one club to offer us a lower alloctaion than last season?

The difference is that the League 1 clubs do not need the space for their own fans.

As it was, Rangers fans were losing out as the club were having to sell season tickets without the OF games in order to free up the Broomloan Road stand for Celtic fans. Moving Celtic fans to the regular away section has allowed Rangers fans to see their club in their stadium. I don't understand how anyone can have a problem with that; particularly when the home club has 13,000 people on a waiting list for a season ticket.

Once were back in the same league (hopefully next season) would anyone be happy with thousands of Sunderland fans missing out on attending the derby games in order to accommodate more Newcastle fans at the SoL?

The difference is that the League 1 clubs do not need the space for their own fans.

As it was, Rangers fans were losing out as the club were having to sell season tickets without the OF games in order to free up the Broomloan Road stand for Celtic fans. Moving Celtic fans to the regular away section has allowed Rangers fans to see their club in their stadium. I don't understand how anyone can have a problem with that; particularly when the home club has 13,000 people on a waiting list for a season ticket.

Once were back in the same league (hopefully next season) would anyone be happy with thousands of Sunderland fans missing out on attending the derby games in order to accommodate more Newcastle fans at the SoL?
Would you be happy if Newcastle cut our allocation to house their fans? Also I can guarentee if Celtic were the club that instigated this by cutting Rangers allocation the Rangers fans wouldn't be so understanding. Celtic shouldn't have replied in a tit for tat fashion.

Back