£500 voucher for retail and hospitality

Me too - do you think they might have been telling fibs ?

They're setting it up for cycle repairers to register here:

but nothing for the public yet. It looks like the chains have signed up - Halfords, Decathlon and Evans Cycles.

but nothing for the public yet. It looks like the chains have signed up - Halfords, Decathlon and Evans Cycles.
It'll be ready before the end of June was the last government announcement...

I’ll happily put it towards stuff for me new house, but I’d also be happy if people in more need than me get it and I don’t.
you just have to read the thread about those worried about there jobs to think, some are worse off so maybe would benefit more

Last edited:

all that will do is give the companies like Halfords/Decathlon/Evans etc £50 to carry out £20s worth of work and you can almost guarentee anyone taking a cycle to be fixed will get an excess of 10-20 quid to pay as well- added to the fact that decathlon provide free repairs to their cycles anyway

Last edited:
all that will do is give the companies like Halfords/Decathlon/Evans etc £50 to carry out £20s worth of work and you can almost guarentee anyone taking a cycle to be fixed will get an excess of 10-20 quid to pay as well- added to the fact that decathlon provide free repairs to their cycles anyway

I don't know how much the chains charge, but a local independent store said £45 each to service two mountain bikes that have been in my Mam's shed for donkeys years. That was just before lock down so I never got round to taking them down.

Half them post on here

I agree seems stupid , all of this will need paying back

I get the logic behind it, but it’s going to be difficult to do. If they just give people the cash, a lot will either save the money or pay down debt (which will not help the situation). If they issue a voucher which can be used on the High Street, then it will be abused and you will quickly see high cost items such as iPads appearing on FB at half the cost.

If they do introduce a voucher system, I suspect it will only cover the hospitality sector. Perhaps a couple of £50 vouchers for restaurants and then a larger voucher to hotels/travel.

I get the logic behind it, but it’s going to be difficult to do. If they just give people the cash, a lot will either save the money or pay down debt (which will not help the situation). If they issue a voucher which can be used on the High Street, then it will be abused and you will quickly see high cost items such as iPads appearing on FB at half the cost.

If they do introduce a voucher system, I suspect it will only cover the hospitality sector. Perhaps a couple of £50 vouchers for restaurants and then a larger voucher to hotels/travel.

The more I think about it the more I think this would be ideal, but we’ll see if it happens.

It’s important the hospitality sector is supported as much as possible.

Back