£4 billion to Pakistan

You will have to google ... independant commission of aid impact.... an agency that ensures our aid is spent correctly and pin points when it has been spent in wisely. Mind you , for all I know Tommy Robinson could be the M.D.

Nar, I'll just carry on and assume the figures quoted are incorrect.

Whatever your political persuasion does anyone think it is right that we have given Pakistan £4 billion aid to repair pot-holes in their roads ?
After all, although there is huge poverty there , their the government has invested in nuclear weapons , nuclear power and has a space programme.
Also , does anyone know if the other major European countries donate such sums ?
We have given up repairing our own roads, Very busy "A" roads in the NE are in terrible condition and have been for years, no repairs are being done.

We didn’t. But they got a lot of it with India for road improvements and other infrastructure improvements.

it was hundreds of millions but as most popular press used that headline I thought I would !! I am into giving anyone humanitarian aid no matter what their corrupt government do, but come on. Seems crackers.
Which popular press used that headline? You also say it again in your OP so it’s not just like you were trying to use a catchy headline.

You’ve just misread an article somewhere haven’t you?

Regardless of the amount, they shouldn’t receive a penny. Their government will just spend it on sending something to space whilst their people live in squalor.
Its exactly like @Some Random Guy says, its all about buying influence to allow us to setup deals with these countries, nothing to do to helping them out. Buying influence, like it or not. Basically bribes labelled as aid/support.

Money makes the world go around.

Back