£180 for a joiner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is Haus! I would have done it cheaper than that, but! like I say
I had a feeling he'd start bad mouthing someone, the lad hasn't even started the job and he's on here doubting him, there's far to many on this board with a slightly misplaced superiority complex, that think only they should earn decent money.

I don't see what's wrong with checking to make sure a price is ok? People on here do it all the time when they're getting something done on their car.

If a month down the line I'd had mentioned that I paid x amount for a joiner, and it was too high, people would be saying "ah you should of asked on here man, someone would of done it cheaper", you do that and you get grief for it.

I don't see what's wrong with checking to make sure a price is ok? People on here do it all the time when they're getting something done on their car.

If a month down the line I'd had mentioned that I paid x amount for a joiner, and it was too high, people would be saying "ah you should of asked on here man, someone would of done it cheaper", you do that and you get grief for it.

There is nowt wrong with asking, but surely you got other quotes as well ?

There is nowt wrong with asking, but surely you got other quotes as well ?

Nope, because we're pretty desperate to get it done for the weekend. I spoke to a few but they couldn't get it done for the weekend so I didn't get a price.

Anar! I was agreeing with ya man..:roll: Nor am shite, I do have me own saw though..;)

I'm at Paul's next week like, so after that mate.

Aye just get in touch mate and we can sort it

tis only a wee job but may as well get it done so it looks the part..

I think £180 is a little bit steep. Not like for like but I got 2 straight cuts, cooker and sink holes and fitted for £50 and he did an excellent job. Took about 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back