£180 for a joiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring licker

You see! that's why I refused the job, I've noticed how you bad mouth tradesmen after they've done work for you, you reap what you sow son..;)

When the Joiner comes out, ask him how much the tools cost, that he needs to do the job, ask him how many years he attended college while serving his time, ask him if once he's finished your job, will there be enough time left in his working day to start another. How much do you earn ph?

You see! that's why I refused the job, I've noticed how you bad mouth tradesmen after they've done work for you, you reap what you sow son..;)

When the Joiner comes out, ask him how much the tools cost, that he needs to do the job, ask him how many years he attended college while serving his time, ask him if once he's finished your job, will there be enough time left in his working day to start another. How much do you earn ph?

Photographers command £1000 a day by all accounts, poor lads only get a couple of jobs a week though :-(

All that hard work and training for a pittance.

Teed, I understand all that, it's a skilled trade. If you notice I didn't say I was shocked at the price, I was just checking that it was about right.

As for me bad mouthing tradesman, when have I ever done that? We've got a plasterer we've used on 4-5 different parts of the house now, and he's the best plasterer we've ever used.

The builders who move the window did a fantastic job, they just had problems getting hold of the grey bricks.

If someone does a good job, they get credit for it, if they do a shit job, then they don't.

I work in an industry where time is money, and I wouldn't be surprised if my hourly rate is more or around the same as the joiners, so again, I understand how that all works.

Photographers command £1000 a day by all accounts, poor lads only get a couple of jobs a week though :-(

All that hard work and training for a pittance.

The point is Haus! I would have done it cheaper than that, but! like I say
I had a feeling he'd start bad mouthing someone, the lad hasn't even started the job and he's on here doubting him, there's far to many on this board with a slightly misplaced superiority complex, that think only they should earn decent money.

Teed said:
I had a feeling he'd start bad mouthing someone, the lad hasn't even started the job and he's on here doubting him, there's far to many on this board with a slightly misplaced superiority complex, that think only they should earn decent money.

Good point, well made Teed.

Teed said:

Imagine working for 'Ned' (what a shit name like)? He'd be pulling the work to bits because he earns less than him an hour. Hate people like him who thinks it's only him who should earn decent money.

Do you fancy making me a wee cabinet or similar to box a gas meter in thats in the corner of the front room then Da............... ;)

I'm a tradesman, I'm on your side man, I appreciate a good tradesman, and I always try to get things done right by them, I could probably have a go myself and make an arse of it, probably the same as if you tried to weld a titanium pipe hanging off an oil rig.

I have always preferred to go to work and do my jerb and pay a tradesmen to do his.

I might need a Joiner soon anarl, so are you any good or what ?

Imagine working for 'Ned' (what a shit name like)? He'd be pulling the work to bits because he earns less than him an hour. Hate people like him who thinks it's only him who should earn decent money.

Daft thing is, a Joiner probably earns more!

For you I kill zee bull......;) couple of weeks tho but.

Nee sweat Da..........new tenants move in on Aug 8th so thats fine...

the curtains/telly normally hide it but they want to put their telly on the wall so I said I would get summat done for them..;)

I'm a tradesman, I'm on your side man, I appreciate a good tradesman, and I always try to get things done right by them, I could probably have a go myself and make an arse of it, probably the same as if you tried to weld a titanium pipe hanging off an oil rig.

I have always preferred to go to work and do my jerb and pay a tradesmen to do his.

I might need a Joiner soon anarl, so are you any good or what ?

Anar! I was agreeing with ya man..:roll: Nor am shite, I do have me own saw though..;)

Nee sweat Da..........new tenants move in on Aug 8th so thats fine...

the curtains/telly normally hide it but they want to put their telly on the wall so I said I would get summat done for them..;)

I'm at Paul's next week like, so after that mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back