£173m Euromillions Jackpot this Friday

Depends tbh.

If I won the Euromillions jackpot and it was only 20mil I'd be gutted that was my payout for an outcome with a probability of 130 odd million to 1 :lol:

I don't play it though, so it's moot.

And your £2.50 is one draw. twice a week every week is £260 a year, and thats if you're only playing one line on the Euromillions and none of the other draws they do.

If I'm spending £260 on something, anything, I'd be after value for money personally.
It's a fuckin' lottery ya lunatic. :lol: Ya can't expect a single thing from it.

It all sounds a bit of a lottery tbh.
It is the poorest who can least afford to buy the tickets who are buying them and many will not really understand just how unlikely it is that they will win.

I’ve bought two tickets though. 50/50 chance: you either win or you don’t ;)

A tax on the stupid as far as I'm concerned
4 lines on Friday 1 number 😀

Trying to work out which numbers on for tomorrow
Sure the won't come out again so there's 7 discarded straight way...

Because it is a lottery. I can't believe it needs further explanation. Everyone knows the score. You pay your money and take your slim chance. People do win.
I agree everyone knows it’s very unlikely we are going to win anything. I don’t think it’s easy for the human brain to process what 135,000,000 to 1 actually is in the real world.

It is a tax on our stupidity. I’ve bought two tickets.

I agree everyone knows it’s very unlikely we are going to win anything. I don’t think it’s easy for the human brain to process what 135,000,000 to 1 actually is in the real world.

It is a tax on our stupidity. I’ve bought two tickets.
It’s a combination of a stupidity tax combined with FOMO. It could be me.

It’s highly unlikely but … I just bought one :lol:

A tax on the stupid as far as I'm concerned
4 lines on Friday 1 number 😀

Trying to work out which numbers on for tomorrow
Sure the won't come out again so there's 7 discarded straight way...
1-2-3-4-5 and 6-7 is as likely a combination of numbers as any other.

There’ll be so many people choosing them for the crack that the pot would get split a huge number of times. :lol:

Indeed.

The odds of becoming one of those with one £2.50 ticket is minuscule, though.
I’m not disagreeing, but as all 7,000 of Lottery millionaires would I’m sure emphatically agree… it’s better than not having a ticket. 😀

For me the £2.50 is worth the 10 minutes if day dreaming before the balloon gets popped and you go back into the real world.

1-2-3-4-5 and 6-7 is as likely a combination of numbers as any other.

There’ll be so many people choosing them for the crack that the pot would get split a huge number of times. :lol:
There would be no statistical reason not to put the same numbers on the week after if those did come out. We attach significance to the pattern but the draw machine doesn't.

Back