£16 credit-card sized computer. Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Raspberry Pi

Its more the ZX81 that you had to build yourself. Unless the Vic-20 was the same?

na the Vic-20 was already to go out the box.

The BBC came to mind as it was one of the first systems with access to all the peripheral ports, and I was using it to teach kids as young as 4 how to write some basic code to control the turtle.

I then went on to tweak a finite element analysis program developed by an engineering lecturer, and put it out to colleges of FE. A fantastic machine in it's day when you think it was all running in 32 KB of RAM :lol:

You could be on to summink there mind, get all your mates at uni to chat to each other, mebbes put a page up saying what they're interested in, hoy a few photies up ... spread it round a few more unis, then it could go public, get businesses to advertise on it.

How man, it could be a canny little earner that ...

just needs a name, I'm thinking "book for faces" or something along those lines

Piss off man Flicky that'll never work.

What is it with you geeks?

Pissing about time in the labs was spent doing various programming bits. I took an internet chat package (NUTS) and practically rewrote half of it myself. The main purpose was to chat to my mates at other Universities. The result was I learned C and a hell of a lot about text processing, networking and sockets.

Ah, Neils Unix Talker System. We did that and ran it on Sunderland Uni's mail server for a while, system admin took exception however when we notified him of a few things we'd found wrong, he left us run it on a redundant server for a while.

NUTS also taught us C at uni to the point where we were correcting the lecturer. IIRC it was v2 we hacked together, and anyone who ever hacked that software put in nerf rooms, jive rooms and various other rooms with translated text and it taught you a lot about string parsing and lexical analysis.

3.3.3 (the C++ version IIRC) was a ball-ache though.

Chris

At Monkwearmouth college we managed to hack through their inept Novell security and get access to the home drives of everybody.

Found a document in one lasses home drive called "BlowJob.txt" opened it and it was a poem about how she just loved to suck cock. Needless to say, I introduced myself to her, it must be said that she was good at them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back