£150 Fines for Littering in Sunlun

Absolutely despise people who litter.

There's one lady who lives near me who just walks around picking litter up all day from the side of the a40. Feel canny bad for her because by the time she walks back on her route it's probably a state again.

A similar story but the comments on FB are depressing. About three quarters of them blaming the council for someone blatantly and persistently fly tipping.
Sunderland Echo
Fly tipping is shitty behaviour but when the local council decide to a) save money by not emptying bins as often b) charge for large item pickups, and simultaneously c) make no effort to make the obviously huge expansion of the Deptford tip that was needed after a) and b), what were they expecting? Why queue for 45 minutes at a tip that is at best 25% of the size it should be, or just pelt your bootful of rubbish somewhere quiet. Not saying IN ANY WAY that fly tipping is acceptable, my point is that Deptford tip should have been expanded massively once our glorious council decided to stop collecting rubbish.

Fly tipping is shitty behaviour but when the local council decide to a) save money by not emptying bins as often b) charge for large item pickups, and simultaneously c) make no effort to make the obviously huge expansion of the Deptford tip that was needed after a) and b), what were they expecting? Why queue for 45 minutes at a tip that is at best 25% of the size it should be, or just pelt your bootful of rubbish somewhere quiet. Not saying IN ANY WAY that fly tipping is acceptable, my point is that Deptford tip should have been expanded massively once our glorious council decided to stop collecting rubbish.
Spot on.
Fly Tipping has always happened but the points you pointed out, make a receipt for increased fly tipping.

Absolutely despise people who litter.

There's one lady who lives near me who just walks around picking litter up all day from the side of the a40. Feel canny bad for her because by the time she walks back on her route it's probably a state again.
Us and our neigbours all walk around picking litter up. Unfortunately, half a mile South is buy to let country so its a never ending task. Well, when I have time in between cleaning the graffiti off our and our neighbour's walls. One day day I will be caught braying someone and be accused of psychopathy or overreaction. Neither of which are too far from the truth. One
The Echo comment section is a hive of stupidity. I can't quite work out if people are that stupid or are just on a wind up.
Full disclosure: I somtimes go way over the top in my comments just to see if they will ban me. Not yet. I have said things on the Echo FB page that would get me an instaban on here. Unmoderated lads, just fill your boots.

If they worked night shift and it was back in the late 80's, early 90's, I would have picked up a few fines for littering used blobs around backlanes in the town, after meeting birds while clubbing.

Why queue at Sainsbury's when you could walk out with a trolley full of shopping?
The tip could do with being bigger but people need to take personal responsibility. The charge for large items is very reasonable. People can take a bit more care about how much rubbish they create, and how they dispose of it.
The majority of people getting done for fly tipping are businessmen cutting corners, nothing to do with bin collections or the charge for large items. They should be made pariahs instead of everyone making out that it's somehow understandable.

Back