£10m annual wage bill.

he did. £10m is the recurring level £2,5m the non recurring..thats why they were seprated out..

Sorry but no he didn't

"This season that has been further reduced to £10million per annum, or £12.5million if you include payments still being made to players who have left the club."

Nowhere does he say there that they won't be due monies beyond this year

Sorry but no he didn't

"This season that has been further reduced to £10million per annum, or £12.5million if you include payments still being made to players who have left the club."

Nowhere does he say there that they won't be due monies beyond this year
it does. £10m per annum indicayes per year..thats what per annum means you see.
so thats the recurring number, because its per year..
and the other number is not the per annum number you see, thats why it isnt per year, because it doesnt say per year after it..so its not pe year.

it does. £10m per annum indicayes per year..thats what per annum means you see.
so thats the recurring number, because its per year..
and the other number is not the per annum number you see, thats why it isnt per year, because it doesnt say per year after it..so its not pe year.

You really do think we're all stupid don't you :lol:

You really do think we're all stupid don't you :lol:
nope not stupid, just ridden with an agenda, a desperaton to talk down the current chairman and owenrs. Its odd, because they have fucked up so many things, and done so many things i dont like, yet you have to find stuff they have done well with and try tpo pick a hole in it.

According to Charlie in Saturday's programme. £12.5m if you include the inducements to leave we've paid. Quite remarkable progress really.

Just out of interest, what does the "wage bill" include?
Is it contracted players only, or does it also include Manager/coaches/support staff/etc?

Works out roughly 48 Grand a week, that's way less than it would have cost to keep them

Yeah but at the same time did any receive a 1 off payment as well as this 2.5 million that’s on the wage bill

Plus cattermoles deal was rumoured to be extended over afew year so we were paying him less but for longer. Guessing we’ll see next year if they’ve still got a commitment there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but at the same time did any receive a 1 off payment as well as this 2.5 million that’s on the wage bill

Plus cattermoles deal was rumoured to be extended over afew year so we were paying him less but for longer. Guessing we’ll see next year if they’ve still got a commitment there.
no..the £2,5m would include the one off payment thats the point..
i dont care what the rumour says, it may be true or it may not, but as a rumour i had no value.

no..the £2,5m would include the one off payment thats the point..
i dont care what the rumour says, it may be true or it may not, but as a rumour i had no value.

Right sound but that 2.5 million could still stretch into next years wage bill?

Just out of interest, what does the "wage bill" include?
Is it contracted players only, or does it also include Manager/coaches/support staff/etc?

You'd imagine it's everyone that draws a wage at the club although I did read that the annual cost of the academy is around £2m. Maybe the wages associated with the academy are tied up in that figure.

Charlie, aka @kildaremackem will be along shortly to confirm or deny this.

Last edited:

But the £2.5m will be treated as a one-off cost for this year, and this year's parachute payment also technically counts as income towards FFP, so there is still plenty of headroom.

What they have to do is get the club to break-even next year (as no parachute payment). I thought they said the gap was only £2-3m at the end of last year, so getting Catts/Oviedo and Love's wages off the profit and loss for next season gets us more or less where we need to be.

That is all perfectly sensible, as we can't guarantee going up...

What would be interesting is to know how much of the parachute payment (if any) is left allocated.

It might be sensible to keep whatever is left as an emergency fund anyway but it would nice to know numbers..

Last edited:
1. if you agree to terminate a contract you take the P&L hit immediately as it becomes an 'onerous contract'. So even if Catts agreed a two year pay off you would recognise it all immediately - it helps cash flow obviously but not P&L
2. In the last set of financial statements 'creditors due for periods in excess of one year' were virtually zero. As such there are no payments due this season for deals done before Donald's take over. There will be new costs when new deals are done but presumably our current deals are very small so not particularly significant. If Charlie used this as an excuse it was BS.

But the £2.5m will be treated as a one-off cost for this year, and this year's parachute payment also technically counts as income towards FFP, so there is still plenty of headroom.

What they have to do is get the club to break-even next year (as no parachute payment). I thought they said the gap was only £2-3m at the end of last year, so getting Catts/Oviedo and Love's wages off the profit and loss for next season gets us more or less where we need to be.

That is all perfectly sensible, as we can't guarantee going up...

What would be interesting is to know how much of the parachute payment (if any) is left allocated.

It might be sensible to keep whatever is left as an emergency fund anyway but it would nice to know numbers..
i think either chalie or stwart said loss at present excluding para money is £3m a year..
now could lose that next year no problem..but if in champo would have to spned fortunes and so lose moe..and with no para money to fund it..

Oh absolutely. I've nothing against paying off players if it makes financial sense.
It's just that we are clearly still having to juggle these shit situations, however much we get told things are better now.
It took a long time to get into this mess mate, stands to reason it’s going to take a while to get clear of it.

Back