£10bn lost in tax credit fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm all for anyone blatantly ripping the system off to be weeded out, regardless of where they are on the scale.

The tricky bit is how much cash and effort do you put into it for the return you'll get from it, and how many innocent people will suffer as a result?

An eternal dilemma, I suppose.

I'm all for anyone blatantly ripping the system off to be weeded out, regardless of where they are on the scale.

The tricky bit is how much cash and effort do you put into it for the return you'll get from it, and how many innocent people will suffer as a result?

The overall cost of man hours to catch the fraudsers should be included in the end penalty

I wonder how much was ripped off honest working people by fraud in setting LIBOR. not seen him comment on that or suggest that should be repaid to the victims

There's no evidence for the £10bn figure. It also says the loss is due to fraud and 'incorrect' payments, with no figures for how much is accounted for by error. So I'd suggest that IDS is spouting unsubstantiated headline-grabbing shite, as usual.

There's no evidence for the £10bn figure. It also says the loss is due to fraud and 'incorrect' payments, with no figures for how much is accounted for by error. So I'd suggest that IDS is spouting unsubstantiated headline-grabbing shite, as usual.

quite right but it does say that almost 10% of tax vredit claims are incorrect or fraudulent.

IDS is massive bell end. He thinks he really clever but recently he was trying to explain how the new benefits system would work and it sounded like he'd only seen it work on a computer programme.

Before I left my last job I was working with advice centres around the UK and they all said the same thing...it will be chaos.

The Tories have taken the view that everyone on benefits is a cheat.

Terrible that like, add to that £10.2bn that's lost because of tax avoidance, that's a lot of money being robbed by thieves from the working man. scum the lot of them.

IDS is massive bell end. He thinks he really clever but recently he was trying to explain how the new benefits system would work and it sounded like he'd only seen it work on a computer programme.

Before I left my last job I was working with advice centres around the UK and they all said the same thing...it will be chaos.

The Tories have taken the view that everyone on benefits is a cheat.

They also took the view that every one on benefits has a computer and knows how to use them.

Terrible that like, add to that £10.2bn that's lost because of tax avoidance, that's a lot of money being robbed by thieves from the working man. scum the lot of them.

They also took the view that every one on benefits has a computer and knows how to use them.

The advice workers I spoke to last year said the new rules were mindless and would just lead to people not qualifying when they should.

Nice to see that 2 and half years into this parliament, the Tories still haven't learned to stand on their own feet. It's always someone else's fault.

If I was a Tory supporter, I'd be seriously worried about this lot...the least talented government for 100 years and IDS is up there with Osborne for his stupidity.

The advice workers I spoke to last year said the new rules were mindless and would just lead to people not qualifying when they should.

Nice to see that 2 and half years into this parliament, the Tories still haven't learned to stand on their own feet. It's always someone else's fault.

If I was a Tory supporter, I'd be seriously worried about this lot...the least talented government for 100 years and IDS is up there with Osborne for his stupidity.
They're just finishing off what the failed to do in the 80's, shame, people never learn.

Happily pay £2 to save £1.

I really would. Hate people taking the piss out of us. Plus, that £2 would at least create jobs.

Happily pay £2 to save £1.

I really would. Hate people taking the piss out of us. Plus, that £2 would at least create jobs.

Hmmmm, how interesting that the tory scum argued we cant have a 50% tax rate cause less would be collected from the rich and yet we are happy to spend £2 to reduce £1 in fraud....Rich c unts running the country for rich c unts! :evil:

I'm not having MP's lecture the lower paid when half the bastards were conning the tax payer out false claims for MP's expenses.

It just shows that the Tories are a bunch of liars

Demonizing the poor again but this time the working poor! What a bunch of low life filth they are:evil:

Cheeky by Irritable Bowel Symdrome, like. He's cutting his own throat saying it goes to people from 'around the world' - thats just going to encourage people to vote UKIP instead of Torys, IMO.

Mostly the same f***ing morons who won't accept that is a complete lie anyway.

British politics is in a right f***ing mess anyway. IMO, the next government will be a coalition again - maybe not tory-lib dem again, but defo another coalition.

Neither of the big boys have enough to win it out right, IMO and with all this stuff about Romania and them lot 'flooding' the UK, more people will start voting parties like UKIP, IMO.

Hmmmm, how interesting that the tory scum argued we cant have a 50% tax rate cause less would be collected from the rich and yet we are happy to spend £2 to reduce £1 in fraud....Rich c unts running the country for rich c unts! :evil:

Its why we've ended with this ridiculous child benefit system whereby a couple earning £90k could still get it, but a couple earning £50k (with a single earner) lose out. Despite it being clearly unfair, its more cost effective to administer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back