£106 million lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.
£106m is nothing in terms of investing in public infrastructure though. You'd need billions.
But if I was in power, I'd have access to more than my initial £106m, and I wouldn't be corrupt as fuck so the money would be used properly and not on scale models, thus improving the city. Don't worry young Frijj, I've thought it through.

But if I was in power, I'd have access to more than my initial £106m, and I wouldn't be corrupt as fuck so the money would be used properly and not on scale models, thus improving the city. Don't worry young Frijj, I've thought it through.

Power corrupts. Today it's Layne for Mayor, tomorrow, Layne ousted from Mayoral position after blowing coke up a prostitutes minge live on Question Time

Genuinely I like to think if I had that sort of money I would find my way into some real power in this city and do a hell of a lot of good for it, more Bruce Wayne than Batman.... But you never know.

Wayne has an approx net worth of about $9 billion. So £106 mill is probably loose change to him.

Power corrupts. Today it's Layne for Mayor, tomorrow, Layne ousted from Mayoral position after blowing coke up a prostitutes minge live on Question Time
But I'd be Bruce Layne. They wouldn't give a fuck about what I get up to because I'm a man of the people, they'd just read the paper and be like "oh look, LL has been into mischeif again, the fun loving little whippersnapper, boy has he improved our city 50 fold, he deserves that coke and those prostitutes"

Wayne has an approx net worth of about $9 billion. So £106 mill is probably loose change to him.
$9mil intodays exchange rate? That's only about 40 sterling, man.

$9mil intodays exchange rate? That's only about 40 sterling, man.

I said $9 BILLION!

Apparently that is the Wayne family wealth, not sure what it is if you include Wayne Enterprises and all the subsidiary holdings, maybe about 25billion from doing a quick google search on it.

I said $9 BILLION!

Apparently that is the Wayne family wealth, not sure what it is if you include Wayne Enterprises and all the subsidiary holdings, maybe about 25billion from doing a quick google search on it.
Aye i meant billion, when converted to the GBP theyre peasants man

But people buying to rent are running the prices up for the good folk who are already strapped paying high rent demands.

But if there wasnt a housing stock shortage it wouldnt be worth their while investing in property.

Get a really good balaclava

He's gonna need one. Back in the 80s a mate of a mate won £100kish on the pools. The "poor" fucker couldnt walk into a pub in Sunderland town centre at the weekend without people shouting "get the fuckin beers in". He had to stop gannin down the town and he loved pissing it up down there.
Half a dozen houses dotted around the worlds the answer and move between them regularly.

Last edited:
Youll may find that when 40/50 (or any milestone birthday) comes round youll think youve done "nothing" with your life no matter what you actually have done with your life. Take the money ffs you could always gan around dishing some out to deserving causes or shepherd88.

Added to my list upthread Id also buy land in and around the NE to turn into small football pitches for kids leagues etc. See Im all fuckin heart me. Kids n kittens ffs I think Id better gan for a lie down.

Naah. The housing stock shortage is ruining the housing "market". If all the people who are renting these "buy to rents" had bought them there would still be the same number of houses needed. If theres enough houses to go roundthen theres no "bubbles" or panic to get on the ladder which would keep prices down, which would decrease the % of take home pay needed to buy/rent which could be spent elsewhere thus generating every other industry around etc etc etc.
Eat yer fuckin heart out Robert Peston and up yours Meynard Keynes theres a new economist in town.
Maynard Keynes would agree with you. At least about the houses; I'm not sure about the kittens.

I'd give the winners of the Northern League £50k as long as they accepted promotion, get a few NE teams up the pyramid.

He's gonna need one. Back in the 80s a mate of a mate won £100kish on the pools. The "poor" fucker couldnt walk into a pub in Sunderland town centre at the weekend without people shouting "get the fuckin beers in". He had to stop gannin down the town and he loved pissing it up down there.
Half a dozen houses dotted around the worlds the answer and move between them regularly.

Bloke I know is a billionaire and that's what he does. Cycles his time between nice, new York, miami, Rio etc. Got a boat load of property.

Aye, I understand that money is an important factor in life, but people on here seem to think that money is guaranteed happiness or that if you're wealthy you have no right to be unhappy.

They're wrong on both accounts, IMO.

Would you honestly never work again if you won £106m? I'd be bored as fuck, knowing my mates were out making something of their lives whilst I wasn't.

I'd give loads of the £106m to charity anyways like.

when you say make something of their lives - the thing most people make is more money for their corporate paymasters - sadly

Look after family (some begrudgingly) & friends.

Wouldn't turn up for work or ring in, just leave the pricks guessing.

Give absolutely fuck all to charity. Not a thing.

Fly to some place I've always wanted to go & just stay there until I got the urge to move on to the next destination. No plan, just go wherever the fuck I feel like when I feel like it. Hardly ever sober.

Fly to some place I've always wanted to go & just stay there until I got the urge to move on to the next destination. No plan, just go wherever the fuck I feel like when I feel like it. Hardly ever sober.

Why would you give nothing to charity?

I'd give to quite a few worthy charities - cancer research particularly.

You sound like a canny bloke.

Begrudgingly look after people who are your family after all

Don't let anyone else know not coming into work leaving someone else to run round organising.

Give nothing to charity even though just won a fortune and will always be pissed.

Yep you sound like an all round good guy

Just the type of person no one would like to see win.

Why would you give nothing to charity?

I'd give to quite a few worthy charities - cancer research particularly.

If charities want money, they should do the f***ing lottery. ;)

Nah, I just don't think I would. If I ever dream about winning the lottery, which is very seldom, I never think to myself 'Yeah, I'd love to give to charity'.

Me, me, me, me, ME!!

You sound like a canny bloke.

Begrudgingly look after people who are your family after all

Don't let anyone else know not coming into work leaving someone else to run round organising.

Give nothing to charity even though just won a fortune and will always be pissed.

Yep you sound like an all round good guy

Just the type of person no one would like to see win.

Fuck you buddy. I just won the lottery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back