£100million redevelopment project gets underway in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I quite liked it:

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

They've done loads of other stuff......Terminal 5, the Olympic park/buildings, etc

Oh shit.....we're fucked

That's £800m for Carillion.....that's what they expect to make out of it. The development will cost much more

Just picked up on that, that's even better.

I am working on something similar in another city in the UK with a big construction firm who may or may not be Carillion.

Last edited:

They are all in it to make a killing..........the by product of that is that we get regeneration that we enjoy and that creates jobs

Paulson and T Dan Smith stole their far share during the redevelopment of Newcastle in the 60-70s but the job still got done properly.

No that's not what is being said :lol:

You have an agenda against them......that's fine. The rest of us want a nice town

No genuinely I don't want anything other than a nice City for Sunderland.
I don't have an agenda butb I have experience as I saw them at close hand and at a high level and I want something better for my home City than that which I observed.
What I saw was a very poorly negotiated contract for them to provide services and run Council functions at a city I won't name.
The figures bandied about here suggest, as I wrote before they get to run the services for Sunderland and on what was quoted expect to make a £800,000,000 profit on a £100,000,000 investment.
How seriously do they plan to do that.
If you can give a cogent argument rather than saying something as simplistic as I have an agenda please make your point. I am spending time on this thread cos I actually care about Sunderland and spent my working life working with top Architects and seeing the difference good Architecture makes. That's what I would like to see for Sunderland.

This will probably amount to another primark and a few greggs dotted around sunniside judging by our last "regeneration"

I don't have an agenda butb I have experience as I saw them at close hand and at a high level and I want something better for my home City than that which I observed.
What I saw was a very poorly negotiated contract for them to provide services and run Council functions at a city I won't name.
The figures bandied about here suggest, as I wrote before they get to run the services for Sunderland and on what was quoted expect to make a £800,000,000 profit on a £100,000,000 investment.
If you can give a cogent argument rather than saying something as simplistic as I have an agenda please make your point. I am spending time on this thread cos I actually care about Sunderland and spent my working life working with top Architects and seeing the difference good Architecture makes. That's what I would like to see for Sunderland.
More new accounts than Santander this fucker.

Reactions: j.w

My point being that I don't even know that it's them making the investment.......but I assume that in order to make the £800million there's going to have to be a huge amount of redevelopment and so to an extent I 'm not bother who their subbies are (obviously I hope they're local). I want good architecture too and hopefully we have good governance in place to make sure it happens.

From what I can see, with this latest deal and the other developments happening in Sunderland, we're building a critical mass here that should attract a lot more investment. We moan about all the investment that Newcastle have had but to a great extent they are done and all they can do is pull it down and start again or lay claim to Newcastle-Gateshead..........Sunderland has it all in front of us.

With regards Carillion, they seem to be doing a canny job in Manchester, Birmingham and Nottingham.......hopefully we can see the same here.

I have a source that reckons we'll get a gourmet burger restaurant.

Such a coup would be something even newcastle city centre does not have.

Let's hope we pull it off...

Nearly all the comments below the article are negative or sceptical. I think the people of Sunderland after decades of fantasy schemes and projects have become a tad cynical.

Nearly all the comments below the article are negative or sceptical. I think the people of Sunderland after decades of fantasy schemes and projects have become a tad cynical.

Right bunch of miserable fuckers Sunderland folk

Us Durham folk will have it instead

It would be great if we could get someone like Abu Dhabi Investment Authority to invest like they did in Reading (which is topper)

It would be great if we could get someone like Abu Dhabi Investment Authority to invest like they did in Reading (which is topper)
Indeed mate, once the port and beach front developments are complete it will no doubt open us up to hundreds of international trade opportunities.

Well done Sunderland council with special thank to the selfless council leader Paul Watson. Surely he will be in the New Years honour list.

Well done Sunderland council with special thank to the selfless council leader Paul Watson. Surely he will be in the New Years honour list.

"Arise Sir Stabber"

Indeed mate, once the port and beach front developments are complete it will no doubt open us up to hundreds of international trade opportunities.

I can see a time, sometime soon, when the Sandies will be clamouring to be known as 'Sunderland-Shields'

Reading is indeed topper but somehow I doubt Sunderland would get a 800 million pound railway station, etc - that is what you get when you are near to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back