£100-150 on a half decent Android Tablet?

PTR

Striker
I'm giving in with the Fire HD8. Its just too damn slow with the google app store on it (I have paid apps, and I'm fucked if I'm paying Amazon for apps I already own!).

Tried the show dock, and its absolutely tits too. Alexa is also shite.

Is there something that isn't laggy as fuck, nice and light and around 7-8" in size kicking about for around £100-150?

I was in the same quandry last year trying to replace my android tab s the android tablet market turns out to be pretty fooked now.
Solution for me was iPad and installing chrome.
Spot on

iPad mini from the Apple refurb site. Battery life is superb. Prob about fifty notes more than your budget, but worth it.
I honestly wouldn't bother with one if they were free. Want nothing to do with the apple eco system.

Battery life is of no interest either. Its for a couple of hours occasional use, usually in bed. Then it'll go back on its charger until next time.
The Fire HD 8 I have is just too damned slow, it did my head in

I honestly wouldn't bother with one if they were free. Want nothing to do with the apple eco system.

Battery life is of no interest either. Its for a couple of hours occasional use, usually in bed. Then it'll go back on its charger until next time.
The Fire HD 8 I have is just too damned slow, it did my head in

Buy shite, buy twice. ;)

Buy shite, buy twice. ;)
I still can't get my head around how it was worse than my 2013 - 5 years older - Nexus 7 that I replaced it for. Utter pap they are!

Lenovo Tab 4 Plus do much for you?

Android 7, Snapdragon 625 chip, expandable storage, 8" screen.

£140 at PC World
LENOVO Tab 4 Plus 8" Tablet - 16 GB, Black
That's exactly what I bought y'day. Includes a dock/charger/speaker too, for £150. Can't complain (even though the PC world bundle is £10 cheaper, at least I don't have to drive to Durham).
Will sell the Fire HD8 and the Show Dock asap.

Last edited:
I'll let you know how I get on with mine then, just ordered this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-TAB-Plus-inches-Tablet/dp/B07Q75TM36?th=1
I still can't get my head around how it was worse than my 2013 - 5 years older - Nexus 7 that I replaced it for. Utter pap they are!

That's exactly what I bought y'day. Includes a dock/charger/speaker too, for £150. Can't complain (even though the PC world bundle is £10 cheaper, at least I don't have to drive to Durham).
Will sell the Fire HD8 and the Show Dock asap.
So you did :p

Last edited:

Haha aye they done amazingly well in the marketing department there! Those Nexus devices were class mind, but no way should a 5 year newer device not be as good!

Back