£1 million a week for Haaland

Supply and demand.

This x10000

Look at what we have playing for us. Players on 5/6/7k a week and its good awful to watch. Dropping down the levels really shows how finite quality players actually are and how crazy the level is as you go up the pyramid. Furthermore he'll get what he's worth, dont have a problem with it, I do have a problem with his agent wanting 20m and his father wanting 17m for fostering the deal, that is quite simply obscene.

My mum said if my dad didn't go to watch football, we could afford to eat properly, and I wouldn't go to school hungry. But if my dad and his mates didn't go to the football, that Marcus Rashford wouldn't earn enough, and that just wouldn't be football.

This x10000

Look at what we have playing for us. Players on 5/6/7k a week and its good awful to watch. Dropping down the levels really shows how finite quality players actually are and how crazy the level is as you go up the pyramid. Furthermore he'll get what he's worth, dont have a problem with it, I do have a problem with his agent wanting 20m and his father wanting 17m for fostering the deal, that is quite simply obscene.
he doesnt have an agent.

Footballers getting paid what the market allows that rankles people

can you seriously justify in this country when there are hundreds of thousands of people relying on handouts, footballers getting paid in the hundreds of thousand pounds per week and possibly up to a million

no problem with that? It’s obscene and has to come to an end.

this is a tester to see if they can get to this level, then players at all levels will base their own demands on those at the top.

you’ll get shite like Shelvey wanting £200000 a week. That’s the point. Where does it end? Would you pay over a £100 for a single game, as that’s where it’s heading
Course I can justify it. It's capitalism. You want a better spread of wealth among the people, vote for a government that will tax the corporations and ultra-rich properly. There are traders and bankers and CEOs earning eye-watering sums and paying diddly squat into the country. Hows about we go after them, instead of a footballer? Amazon sales blew past £13.7bn in 2020, and it paid £293m in tax. That's about 2%. What % of your income did you have to pay as tax?

Thing is, Haaland is one of, if not the most 'valuable' players in the game. His wage should reflect the demand for his services. If a company can afford to pay him that wage, why do you care? It's not your money they're spending, especially amongst the clubs who're after him. His wage will be offset by their income, which match tickets make up a small proportion.

Course I can justify it. It's capitalism. You want a better spread of wealth among the people, vote for a government that will tax the corporations and ultra-rich properly. There are traders and bankers and CEOs earning eye-watering sums and paying diddly squat into the country. Hows about we go after them, instead of a footballer? Amazon sales blew past £13.7bn in 2020, and it paid £293m in tax. That's about 2%. What % of your income did you have to pay as tax?

Thing is, Haaland is one of, if not the most 'valuable' players in the game. His wage should reflect the demand for his services. If a company can afford to pay him that wage, why do you care? It's not your money they're spending, especially amongst the clubs who're after him. His wage will be offset by their income, which match tickets make up a small proportion.
amazon contributefar more thn that in tax..they pay business rates on all their sites..nationakl insurance for all their employees..fuel duty o all their vans...and collect VAT for the govt on sales of TV packages..but your more general piint stands nonetheless..

amazon contributefar more thn that in tax..they pay business rates on all their sites..nationakl insurance for all their employees..fuel duty o all their vans...and collect VAT for the govt on sales of TV packages..but your more general piint stands nonetheless..
All right Mr Bezos?

Money bubble will burst at some point. It'll reach a level where through greed of agents/ players they'll be more money going out than coming in even when TV money, ad money and tickets are added together.

Is he actually that good? I mean that genuinely as I can't say I have watched any of him. For me Kane would be the one for City.

Money bubble will burst at some point. It'll reach a level where through greed of agents/ players they'll be more money going out than coming in even when TV money, ad money and tickets are added together.
yep already happening..TV money will fall next time and Roman couldnt get the price he wanted for chelsea..the buyer is on the record as saying he wouldnt pay £2bn for a club when the leagues whole turnover is £5bn...the liverpool owners were also trying to sell shares recently and seem to have pulled it because the valuation wasnt there..those are the first ripples..as it means the owners who want a profit no longer engage..

Ok. Get ready for £1500 season tickets and £100 match tickets

Back