£1 million a week for Haaland

They won’t be able to sell tickets at £100 a game. Because people can’t afford that
london prices not far off that already. They are still making a canny whack whilst stadiums are empty due to tv money now.

people will pay it to get their fix but there will be huge swathes of the country not able to attend and relying on £10 streams and dodgy overseas streams
To me, someone who earns squat of course. But if that's his worth to the market place then fine.
Would you pay £100 a ticket, to watch him and the other matches, when the rest want their wages bumped up to £100 grand and so on ?

london prices not far off that already. They are still making a canny whack whilst stadiums are empty due to tv money now.

people will pay it to get their fix but there will be huge swathes of the country not able to attend and relying on £10 streams and dodgy overseas streams

Would you pay £100 a ticket, to watch him and the other matches, when the rest want their wages bumped up to £100 grand and so on ?
I'm not sure that's how the market place works.

Most London matches are nowhere near £100 a ticket

I'm not sure that's how the market place works.
Are you sure? It’s exactly what has happened in the premier league era.

a top player gets x amount, the rest start to agitate for more. An example is rodwell at safc and the others who nearly finished us off.

you not noticed any rises in the market place over the years increasing as performers get paid more?

Most London matches are nowhere near £100 a ticket
Most but some are at Chelsea, spurs, arsenal for example, or they will be as and when haaland gets his million a week, if he plays in England.

Harry Kane regular top scorer, will be on over a £100 grand minimum. What do you think he will ask for, if he sees haaland in England getting a million?

he will want comparable wages and so it will go on

Last edited:
Are you sure? It’s exactly what has happened in the premier league era.

a top player gets x amount, the rest start to agitate for more. An example is rodwell at safc and the others who nearly finished us off.

you not noticed any rises in the market place over the years increasing as performers get paid more?
I think the pay has increased due to the revenue doing the same.

If haalands market value is 1 mil a week. Good for him for being supremely talented in a market where finances are high.

If haalands market value is 1 mil a week. Good for him for being supremely talented in a market where finances are high.
I’m talking about the public going to watch the games

you said you didn’t think the market place works like that

if so, why is not still a quid to go? Players wages boom, then so do ticket prices.

Most but some are at Chelsea, spurs, arsenal for example, or they will be as and when haaland gets his million a week, if he plays in England.

Harry Kane regular top scorer, will be on over a £100 grand minimum. What do you think he will ask for, if he sees haaland in England getting a million?

he will want comparable wages and so it will go on
Well he won’t get £1m a week, so your point is moot

I’m talking about the public going to watch the games

you said you didn’t think the market place works like that

if so, why is not still a quid to go? Players wages boom, then so do ticket prices.
The market will dictate ticket prices and value. You have the choice to pay or not.

It's a nice sentiment that football should be for everyone but that's not what football is anymore.

The market will dictate ticket prices and value. You have the choice to pay or not.

It's a nice sentiment that football should be for everyone but that's not what football is anymore.
Fair enough but it’s a bit sad that the people’s game will be reduced to those that have a few quid

Let’s be honest if either of our clubs had the recent success that City have had we wouldn’t think that.
Probably not, for a while. Starved on success we would enjoy for a while but how long would that last?
City are no longer the club they were. They are Man United in a different colour shirt.
When City, as they will, start winning Champions Leagues they will increase ticket prices (because demand will allow it) and the fans who went to Stockport away will be surplus to requirements.

People complain about the price of cinema tickets, or streaming services, yet still fork it out to see big films with big stars who earn huge fees for less work in a career that can last far longer than a footballers. They didn't criticise Adam Sandler for getting a $250m Netflix deal 7 years ago.
There's something about footballers getting paid what the market allows that rankles people. I don't get it.

That said, the match revenue is not the life blood of the clubs that could feasibly afford astronomical wages. Not like it is for the clubs down the pecking order. Wages like Messi receives are offset by tv deals, commercial partners etc. not just by the £30 tickets bought by Barcelona fans.
If the market values Haaland at £1m a week (I don't think it will) Man City won't need to raise ticket prices for the average joe to pay for it.

People complain about the price of cinema tickets, or streaming services, yet still fork it out to see big films with big stars who earn huge fees for less work in a career that can last far longer than a footballers. They didn't criticise Adam Sandler for getting a $250m Netflix deal 7 years ago.
There's something about footballers getting paid what the market allows that rankles people. I don't get it.

That said, the match revenue is not the life blood of the clubs that could feasibly afford astronomical wages. Not like it is for the clubs down the pecking order. Wages like Messi receives are offset by tv deals, commercial partners etc. not just by the £30 tickets bought by Barcelona fans.
If the market values Haaland at £1m a week (I don't think it will) Man City won't need to raise ticket prices for the average joe to pay for it.
Footballers getting paid what the market allows that rankles people

can you seriously justify in this country when there are hundreds of thousands of people relying on handouts, footballers getting paid in the hundreds of thousand pounds per week and possibly up to a million

no problem with that? It’s obscene and has to come to an end.

this is a tester to see if they can get to this level, then players at all levels will base their own demands on those at the top.

you’ll get shite like Shelvey wanting £200000 a week. That’s the point. Where does it end? Would you pay over a £100 for a single game, as that’s where it’s heading

The answer is very simple, make players pay for their agents and not the clubs. Insane wage demands will be less the norm, players will instead pay for a lawyer to sort their contract out rather than a robbing Shitehawk whose only interest is himself and takes a cut of the transfer fee. That Raiola bloke should be put in the stocks and shot with shit

compared with film actors and musicians, pro footballers are chronically under paid for performing the same role in society.
The answer is very simple, make players pay for their agents and not the clubs. Insane wage demands will be less the norm, players will instead pay for a lawyer to sort their contract out rather than a robbing Shitehawk whose only interest is himself and takes a cut of the transfer fee. That Raiola bloke should be put in the stocks and shot with shit
haaland doesnt have an agent..

Back