£££- Private sector wage rises -£££

Status
Not open for further replies.

Source: BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13623577

Wages in the private sector have risen 3% on average.

Those in the public sector haven't risen over the same period.

So can we accuse private sector workers of being greedy and workshy? There's nothing quite like SMB uber-generalisations!

Most of that 3% will be senior managers rewarding themselves with massive rises after making loads of their workers redundant though. (uber-generalisation #1)

Also public sector workers are all workshy & don't deserve pay rises (uber-generalisation #2)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we were generalising?

Most public sector workers are unemployable in the 'real world'.

I was a public sector worker and have had 3 jobs since I left........all very easy and I'm a lot more effective than my private sector peers.

Can I generalise that private sector workers have bromide in their tea?

I was a public sector worker and have had 3 jobs since I left........all very easy and I'm a lot more effective than my private sector peers.

Can I generalise that private sector workers have bromide in their tea?

It's a thread for generalising so you can generalise about anything you want ... obviously everything you post is shite anyway.

It's a thread for generalising so you can generalise about anything you want ... obviously everything you post is shite anyway.

Yes a generalist thread so that we can all stereotype and slag off the appropriate sector that I'm assuming we're not employed within.

But to be fair I withold the right to also generalise about the public sector in which I've worked for the past 10 years.

My observations point to there being decent and not so decent workers in each sector. Also there is a large degree of inter-relationship and crossover between the sectors. Ergo, a decently performing employee in one sector shouldn't necessarily become a poorly performing employee in another, unless heavily influenced by environmental factors. And vice versa.

Just having a tea break, I'll contribute more later.

I wouldn't disagree with that in the main.

Everything you post is as a female persona

Yes a generalist thread so that we can all stereotype and slag off the appropriate sector that I'm assuming we're not employed within.

But to be fair I withold the right to also generalise about the public sector in which I've worked for the past 10 years.

My observations point to there being decent and not so decent workers in each sector. Also there is a large degree of inter-relationship and crossover between the sectors. Ergo, a decently performing employee in one sector shouldn't necessarily become a poorly performing employee in another, unless heavily influenced by environmental factors. And vice versa.

You're generalising now

:lol::lol:

3% for us this year and pretty poor bonus considering. Still it beats taking wage cuts (via a holiday purchase scheme) like we did a couple of years back to help the firm out. The public sector were still getting rises at that point, so they are just experiencing what the private sector did but a couple of years later thats all. I know some who haven't had any pay rises for the last 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back