£££- Official cost of airstrikes against ISIS/ISIL/Daesh thread -£££

Status
Not open for further replies.

In order for this to bear any relavence to reality you need to account for the money pumped into the system via the manufacture of these munitions.

Huzzahhh the profitable psycho killing bombings huzzahhh

A valid point actually.

Did not read 2/10

It's because the thread's for literate people who consider implications other than to 'bomb the mussies back to the stone age'. (c)KnuckleDraggers International.

I hope that you understood that.

Peace.

2% of gdp.

The tories keep cutting and are planning future cuts to military budgets.

2% is the NATO target isn't it?

Putin is on video arguing that the Russians spend loads less than the USA on military but Russia spends 3.7% of GDP as opposed to 3% for the USA.

Therefore 2% of UK GDP is still a lot isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

World total 1629 1.7 224

Spending ($Bn), per GDP, per capita ($)

Logon or register to see this image
United States 581.0 3.0 1821
2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China China 129.4 1.2 95
3 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia Saudi Arabia 80.8 10.7 2803
4 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia Russia 70.0 3.7 488
5 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom United Kingdom 61.8 2.1 964
6 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France France 53.1 1.8 804

$62Bn for the UK, that would buy us a fancy train line from London to the Northern ShiteHouse.

You can't put a price on going someway to wiping out a terrorist group!

Just like putting a price on the head of all their victims.

It's a hard war to win, but hitting their supply lines and at the heart of their operations is a good start.

You can't put a price on going someway to wiping out a terrorist group!

Just like putting a price on the head of all their victims.

It's a hard war to win, but hitting their supply lines and at the heart of their operations is a good start.

Did we win the war against the IRA and the Taliban?

Fuel, weapons and manpower that's already paid for. It's not as if they'll be dipping into the public service coffers to pay for this.

And when they are used? Or magic NATO self replacing weapons (stolen from a post I made yesterday).

No, we're too skint to properly fund the NHS, social care, schools, railways and tax collection, but when it comes to dubious bombing campaigns then there's always money for that.

Spot on mate. It's not 'just' millions either it's BILLIONS.

Next time a kid dies because the NHS/NICE won't fund their drug treatment the warmongers should hang their heads in shame.

Did we win the war against the IRA and the Taliban?
).

No mate we found an admittedly sometimes strained negotiated peace in Ireland iirc.

But I'm sure bombs will work this time. Just look how successful they've been in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Although I admit I agree with what Cameron said last month that more bombing could lead to increased radicalisation - so I'm sure our bombs must be different to those ones.

No mate we found an admittedly sometimes strained negotiated peace in Ireland iirc.

But I'm sure bombs will work this time. Just look how successful they've been in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Although I admit I agree with what Cameron said last month that more bombing could lead to increased radicalisation - so I'm sure our bombs must be different to those ones.

New anti-radical bombs? How much are those f*ckers costing?

'If we can find the money to kill people, then we can find the money to help them'.... Tony Benn
My local authority has closed 13 libraries, 10 day centres, youth clubs ALL gone, and are now going to limit further library staff and hours (2nd hit in 2 years) as well as already having cut back on leisure centre staff and hours.
Care support and meals on wheels have been cut at weekends and the number of youth workers has been slashed.
They are now currently proposing cuts to abolish nursery, junior and comprehensives and have a couple of central 'super size' schools for 3 to 18 year olds.
They have also closed theatres, local heritage museums and in their own words, are proposing to make even bigger cuts soon.
I can't understand how people don't get as angry as me when Cameron can then justify spending, what will probably be hundreds of millions, if not more, on killing people which will have zilch effect on making the UK or the world, any safer. In fact, quite the contrary. It is insane and the fact that millions agree with this doesn't make it any less insane

I can't understand how people don't get as angry as me when Cameron can then justify spending, what will probably be hundreds of millions, if not more, on killing people which will have zilch effect on making the UK or the world, any safer. In fact, quite the contrary. It is insane and the fact that millions agree with this doesn't make it any less insane

I wonder what they'll shut down next in his own constituency?

The response from the council leader this time should be even more sarcastic. "You spent it on BOMBS, Dave".

And when they are used? Or magic NATO self replacing weapons (stolen from a post I made yesterday).
:lol:

These are things we won't stop paying for. Fuel and manpower requires constant upkeep regardless. As for weaponry, it's not as if we just keep a finite stockpile. There'll already be existing supply lines. The Brimstone missile almost certainly keeps a few fellas in Bolton in employment.

People are gannin' on as if we're ripping the catheters out of the infirm to hoy at some Arabs. We're not.

Did we limit their effectiveness?

What would've happened if we just let them carry on?

1. Temporarily, even though our troops were spread too thinly and the Taliban merely moved to other areas or into Pakistan.

2. We intervened, f*cked up politically despite what seems like a best effort from the Armed Forces, a lot of people died, we are leaving, the Taliban are back in power effectively even though it's not on the news. We could have just done nowt and ignored the past 14 years in Afganistan.

:lol:

These are things we won't stop paying for. Fuel and manpower requires constant upkeep regardless. As for weaponry, it's not as if we just keep a finite stockpile. There'll already be existing supply lines. The Brimstone missile almost certainly keeps a few fellas in Bolton in employment.

People are gannin' on as if we're ripping the catheters out of the infirm to hoy at some Arabs. We're not.

Yes I know that, but it's supply and demand. If we drop more bombs we need to make or buy more and that's why I started this thread. @GalacticZorro made the same point as you. Can you substantiate how much the UK economy benefits against the cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back