Your favourite electric guitar and why...

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom's Vox Starstreamer - "... sounds like a lawnmower through a shut window at the end of a silent house on a sunny day..."
Plus a lovely Gibson Firebird played by Richard Formby.

I bought a Gary Moore Gubson Les Paul a few years ago, and I'd have to say that. Looks great, sounds great, plays great. Love it.

Gibson LP standard before they started messing about with them. Mine's a 2004 and it's spot on.

Followed closely by my 1968 Paisley tele. It plays like butter

Gibson LP standard before they started messing about with them. Mine's a 2004 and it's spot on.

Followed closely by my 1968 Paisley tele. It plays like butter
Ah - James Burton's favourite there IIRC.

I bow to your greater knowledge oh Rickenbackermeister:). Peter Buck circa Life's Rich Pageant, Document, Green was an absolute God. He just looked so cool

Which is why he'd had enough of it & went mandolin & acoustic for most of the next two records.

He looked cool as fuck in the video for Drive mind, when he's getting a soaking.

Ah - James Burton's favourite there IIRC.
Aye, my bridge plate serial number is 2 off his Elvis one. They were almost certainly put together by the same bloke on the same day.

Burton's hangs in Cologne's Hard Rock Cafe nowadays

Which is why he'd had enough of it & went mandolin & acoustic for most of the next two records.

He looked cool as fuck in the video for Drive mind, when he's getting a soaking.

Yeah the goatee beard, Neil Young sideburns and those boots he wore circa Automatic for the People

You lot need to get a grip. If you like that poncey jangly pop bollocks that's up to you, each to his own, but that fat greasy tramp is not, was not, nor ever will be 'cool' by any stretch of the imagination.

This.....it's my dad's 1963 fender precision...its been in a car crash when he rolled a Ford Mustang in France, it's played with Edwin Starr and been to just about every country when he was with Mungo Jerry for 20 odd years.....it sounds amazing...

Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back