Your favourite electric guitar and why...

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

<< Gibson LP, in black, like mine

Do love the Telecasters come and try and break me style, but the LP rules.

My standard rack has the LP, Tele, Strat and bass

If only there was a thread where people could post pics of their guitars eh?

I used to love Gretsch White Falcons. Billy Duffy getting that spaghetti western sound then blasting out a lovely overdriven chunky rock sound, but I don't like gold on anything so instead I got a Setzer Black Phoenix.

Then they finally gave Billy his own signature WF with silver hardware so now I'm debating whether to shell out for one and have 'his and hers' in black and white or sell the black one and put the money into a white one.

I also love Gibson ES335 dots in cherry red but as with the GWF they are bulky to play stood up. So maybe my favourite would be my CS336 which is solid body hollowed out and with slightly smaller bout than the 335.

I donated my ukelele to the charity shop a few weeks back. I only wanted to play The Eels "Now youre really living" so nivver used it once Id had that perscribed/ asribed? Whats the word?????. Guitarist at work figured out what to play on the uke for me.

I donated my ukelele to the charity shop a few weeks back. I only wanted to play The Eels "Now youre really living" so nivver used it once Id had that perscribed/ asribed? Whats the word?????. Guitarist at work figured out what to play on the uke for me.
Well done. They are disgusting instruments. Whenever I hear them I have to resist the urge to shove them body-first up the bung hole of the player.
That Clooney fillum 'The Descendants' has them playing non stop throughout. Ruined it for me.

Well done. They are disgusting instruments. Whenever I hear them I have to resist the urge to shove them body-first up the bung hole of the player.
That Clooney fillum 'The Descendants' has them playing non stop throughout. Ruined it for me.

:lol:
Yer miserable bassa! If you guitarists only knew how peoples hearts sink when they see one being picked up!:lol:
Transcribed! Thats the word.

Mine has always been the Rickenbacker 12-string as played by Peter Buck, Andy Bell/ Mark Gardener (Ride), Johnny Matt and Paul Weller.

The look of it always looked so cool and that jingle jangle sound as near to heaven as is possible

The Fender Jaguar coming a very close second.

I love Rickenbackers and am a proud owner as well. Peter Bucks main guitar, along with Johnny Marr is actually a Rickenbacker 6 string. Buck's is a 360/6 Jetglo and Marr's is a 330/6 Jetglo.
I love my Ric. When I play it through my Vox amp with a Janglebox compressor (based on Roger McGuinn's onboard compressor on his 370/12 signature model) and my Boss 1980 Ce-2 Chorus pedal, it sounds like heaven...Ringing, jangling and chiming..takes my breath away..
Here's a pic that I took just last week View media item 3301

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Rickenbackers and am a proud owner as well. Peter Bucks main guitar, along with Johnny Marr is actually a Rickenbacker 6 string. Buck's is a 360/6 Jetglo and Marr's is a 330/6 Jetglo.
I love my Ric. When I play it through my Vox amp with a Janglebox compressor (based on Roger McGuinn's onboard compressor on his 370/12 signature model) and my Boss 1980 Ce-2 Chorus pedal, it sounds like heaven...Ringing, jangling and chiming..takes my breath away..
Here's a pic that I took just last week View media item 3301

I bow to your greater knowledge oh Rickenbackermeister:). Peter Buck circa Life's Rich Pageant, Document, Green was an absolute God. He just looked so cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back