Your favourite aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't drone on man.

U AV some nerve trying a pun like that.

Yes bud, nee problem. I've been here 5 yrs and havent really met any safc fans. I work nr fareham- place called swanwick?
Always up for a beer with fellow sunland fans

I'll be down at LATCC from the 11-15 June, then the 8th July til ATLAS finishes. I was down there this morning, in fact.

Won't happen pal, not that close anyway. A parallel runway (if there is one) maybe but other than it's timed runs.

There's no parallel runway at Boscombe (not one the same length anyway, we used the northern taxiway for Tutor ops), and the northern taxiway (B1) has got a big kink in it. The runway's over 200ft wide so there's no problem with running parallel on the same surface.

What I'd suggest for Boscombe is - The car and Typhoon set off together and the Typhoon has to complete a visual circuit and land while the car treats it as a straight drag race. It would also probably give you a 'chase' when the Typhoon's on finals.

pork pie and a pint said:
Bac tsr-2

Good shout. I had a model of that. Cutbacks stopped it when it was ready to go. With hindsight it wasn't needed but who knew that then?

oddbod said:

Well done. Those who know , know the mosquito .

Good shout. I had a model of that. Cutbacks stopped it when it was ready to go. With hindsight it wasn't needed but who knew that then?

Well done. Those who know , know the mosquito .

mosquito
http://images.wikia.com/turtledove/images/0/0e/Mossie-rr299.jpg

hornet
http://www.geoffreyhutchins.co.uk/images/aviation/large/dehavilland_hornet.jpg

a cut down mossy but a brute in its own right...the best piston engined fighter ever made! imo

whats this?http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2011/11/full-670-22258-westland_whirlwind_pic.jpg

oddbod said:

I used to be quite good at this sort of thing before me balls dropped but I must admit I don't know. I'm not saying I won't remember when you tell me but gin an. Is it a Westland whirlwind ?

I used to be quite good at this sort of thing before me balls dropped but I must admit I don't know. I'm not saying I won't remember when you tell me but gin an. Is it a Westland whirlwind ?

sorry mugboots this thread also reminds me of a time before i wore long trousers! i was nottrying to being clever or arsy ..somebody posted a picture earlier and i genuinely dont recognise it and would like to know! i thought it might be some sort of hornet variant.

It is indeed a Westland Whirlwhind. Would have been a fantastic aircraft but they had problems with the engines and only two squadrons were ever formed. First flew in the late 30s before the Mossie.

Can I play?

Probably an obvious one, but it has to be the SR-71 Blackbird for me. Would love to fly on the stratosphere and see the edge of space!

The AN-255 is pretty special too. When it used to give the shuttle piggy back rides, 747's did for the U.S too though? Gotta love the way it opens up too.

AB22 Easy Tiger said:
I made the Airfix model of that when I was a kid too.

There was a time, long ago, when I could identify just about every WWII plane, and many from the late 40s tot he 60's. Not any more.

Likewise

Always had a thing for the Douglas DC-3 as it always looked graceful when in the air.

Also the Hawker Siddeley Harrier, superb watching these as kid in the Lake District. We were up on the top of the mountains and they would be below you screaming down the valley, cool view of the pilot as they went by.

Tornado for me... while living in Gibraltar as bairn during the Gulf War, got to see them quite a bit. Also the Nimrod... waslking onto that as a 10 year old was unreal!

What I'd suggest for Boscombe is - The car and Typhoon set off together and the Typhoon has to complete a visual circuit and land while the car treats it as a straight drag race. It would also probably give you a 'chase' when the Typhoon's on finals.

A La Top Gear then. ;)

I would love to have a look round here.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Been to Davis Monthan AFB a few times. Its f***ing amazing the shit they've got lying around there mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back