Your favourite aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawker Hunter, My father was part of treble one squadren, the black arrows. ( which later went onto become the red arrows)

You could get back into it mate, most SAR groundcrew are civvy now iirc.
I'm probs too awld like, mind yer it wad be more fun than what I'm doin' right now...I got offered a job at Bristows when I left the RN, went to rebuild a Fairey Albacore in Cornwall instead:cool:

Similar with me, down at Yeovilton iirc. On the Merlins? Wanted to live back home for a while though, and its a canny commute. :lol:
Penzance to Sunderland was a canny run like, I live in Gloucester now..but still wadn't move away until my kids are older like. I was lucky enough to move back to the North East in 2002 like:-D

Anyhow back on topic:cool:

Logon or register to see this image

Hawker Hunter, My father was part of treble one squadren, the black arrows. ( which later went onto become the red arrows)

Wow.

One of the many memorable feats accomplished by the Black Arrows was the execution of a 22-plane formation loop in 1958 at the Society of British Aircraft Constructors' show at Farnborough[1] This was a world record for the greatest number of aircraft looped in formation, and remains unbroken to this day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Arrows

Video of their final show here.

Hunters are class like, that Miss Demeanor looks mint, just a shame the pilot is a total knob like.

I'm probs too awld like, mind yer it wad be more fun than what I'm doin' right now...I got offered a job at Bristows when I left the RN, went to rebuild a Fairey Albacore in Cornwall instead:cool:

Did my EVT at Bristows Redhill..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back