Your all time favorite Sunderland player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just remember liking him as a youngun,always gave 100% and loved a 50-50.
I just remember him as Gavin McCan't. :lol:

To be fair to him, that will have been harsh. Certainly in retrospect given what we've had since. But we had some good players back then and he was down the list. But I think there does exist a sort of revisionist attitude to his qualities on these boards, and a few people seem to look back on him with a hint of rose.

I just remember him as Gavin McCan't. :lol:

To be fair to him, that will have been harsh. Certainly in retrospect given what we've had since. But we had some good players back then and he was down the list. But I think there does exist a sort of revisionist attitude to his qualities on these boards, and a few people seem to look back on him with a hint of rose.
If we were talking best player then yeah he would be down the pecking order,just knew he was my favourite as a kid.Probably just a rebound thing after Dariusz went :(

If we were talking best player then yeah he would be down the pecking order,just knew he was my favourite as a kid.Probably just a rebound thing after Dariusz went :(

I liked Bally, Rae and Schwarz. McCann sort of had a bit of all of them about him, but not quite enough of any.

I liked Dariusz like, and hated Hall, but then, who didn't. :lol:

I liked Bally, Rae and Schwarz. McCann sort of had a bit of all of them about him, but not quite enough of any.

I liked Dariusz like, and hated Hall, but then, who didn't. :lol:
Schwarz looked a class above for us,really classy player like Reyna.

Used to laugh my arse off at Roker when they went through the teams

Number 1 Alec Chamberlain (Weeeey)
Number 2 Gareth Hall (BOOOOOOOO) followed by one bloke who always shouted ginger (unt ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back